Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my wife an 03 intensa Blue IS 300. I have a Chevy Trailblazer, and use a forum (www.mychevytruck.com) to chat with any other TB owners. Anyways, the car is 2 weeks old, and her mountain bike fell on the hood! Went to Lexus today and have to have the hood completely painted. So, I have to pay to have the clear bra but back on. The clear bra that is on it is less than a week old. What a day. $750. anyways, just wanted to say hello.
Eric

Oh, does anyone have a source for the clear side markers and trunk lights? Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been watching some clear side markers on Ebay, and they are priced from $15-35. Is any one brand better than the other. Has anyone bought any from ebay?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its a 3M film that covers the front of your hood. it's to help with rock chips. In Colorado, for some reason, we gets lots of rock chips.
The bike fell 3 inches above the clear bra!
The Lexus dealership told me that if I had any other color IS, that they could have blended in the spot, but since it is Intensa blue, it won't look right. I guess its hard to duplicate the color, and they are worried about shading? So I have to have the entire hood resprayed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts