Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2001 is300 for my daughter. I didnt expect it to be perfect. There is a P0141 error code. (Post converter O2 sensor?). Plus there are few questions i have in the engine compartment... Pictures included. There are 2 hose nipples, one on each side of the front of the engine that are not connected and a wire from the firewall just under the battery tray that is not connected. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
578 Posts
I just bought a 2001 is300 for my daughter. I didnt expect it to be perfect. There is a P0141 error code. (Post converter O2 sensor?). Plus there are few questions i have in the engine compartment... Pictures included. There are 2 hose nipples, one on each side of the front of the engine that are not connected and a wire from the firewall just under the battery tray that is not connected. Any help would be appreciated.
from a quick search - it looks like the P0141 should be the post converter sensor on bank 1 (i.e., B1S2)

you can pick it up on amazon for about $65 - search "Denso 234-4015 Oxygen Sensor"

This should be it - but please confirm this is what you need before purchasing. IF its B1S2 - then its easily accessible from the engine bay - you will need the O2 sensor socket, extensions and a breaker bar - but if you DIY you can do it about an hour easily.

which ever sensor you need - i would suggest getting the proper denso one and not splice wires.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts