Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty much exactly what I expected.

Only power mods are AEM Intake and Unorthodox Flywheel. My tuner said because we did the pulls in 4th gear, the effects of the flywheel were not as evident as they would have been had we done a 3rd gear pull due to the inertia.

Numbers are SAE Corrected. Dyno used is a Mustang MD-250

188.4 WHP @ 6000 RPM
178.7 WTQ @ 4250 RPM

Torque seems a little low, but HP is pretty much exactly what I expected.

:cool:

Quick little vid I put together.

Right-click and Save As
http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMTA2Nzk3MTZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
Maaan your torque curve is incredible!!! You must have some serious midrange and topend. I dont know but you dont seem to be falling off at all at redline??? I bet if the rev-limiter was raised, your best ets at the track will be shifting somewhere arouind 6800rpm or more.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
LOL holy crap that torque curve is as flat as a table!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm wondering if the flywheel has anything to do with it. I've seens lots of dyno's of IS's with intakes, and never saw a torque curve like that.

I think I shaved almost 30 lbs of rotational mass off the crank.

Whatever - I'll take it. LOL

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Sweet curves man, almost looks like a damn VTEC torque curve, although about 100 FT/LBS higher. HAHA. Really man looks damn good. You are still running the stock headers and what not which alot of people dyno's here that i've seen do not, Rarely get too see one with the Stock exhaust intact, I'd love to hear DAS's opinon on that torque curve. 'cause that is really sooo sweet lookin. + rep to ya for that one

·
Registered
911 Posts
hmmm....your torque is still kinda low. when i dynoed my car stock my torque was at 197.4 torque with just a joez intake.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Wookie said:
Yup, I agree. Wonder if it had anything to do with being done in 4th gear?
when i dynoed they did mine in 4th gear.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
4th gear is 1:1 if i am not mistaken in which case that is the only gear you should ever dyno in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts