Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All right here's the deal...I have a Stage 1 Toyomoto supercharger with the valve body upgrade. The other night I was racing on the local highway at like 3:00 in the morning with no one on the road (first off let me put it out of the way, that I am usually not like this and it was just a spur of the moment thing, sort of a personal issue between me and this other guy).

Anyway I'm driving down the road and I hit the speed limiter at 145 or so, and the engine shuts down, I begin to slow down and my buddy comes up and said there was a big cloud of smoke coming out of the rear. So we pull over and look, and there is nothing wrong with the engine. No smoke or leaking fluids. I get home afterwards and park in the garage.

When I go to leave this morning I noticed a small little puddle of the reddish tranny fluid. I jack the car up and don't see anything at the front but a couple of drip spots near the drive shaft. I checked the tranny fluid and all is fine. So my question after this long rant is what the hell happened? Did I blow the rear seal where the tranny meets the drive shaft? Could it be something worse? Anyone with some knowledge please help me out, I live for Atlanta in 2 days! Thanks a lot. JOHN

·
Registered
287 Posts
Sounds like the rear tailshaft seal is leaking... Inspect... replace if neccessary... about a 1.5 hour task with some tools and a lift...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts