Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well after my last thread about VIP styling got mixed anwser all around haha.. Here are some Fresh ideas

Plot :

Black in color with vertex kit
Black housing headlights and tails
Gold Rims (tbd)
Dark tints all around
Lowered an inch or so, not slammed, but a good drop

Im going for a classy/VIP look, but not the whole I am a gangster. This will be a DD (not a beater) but i want it to look good..

Proposed ideas to make it "vip."

Smoked Altezza grill, with Gold Junction Produce emblem retrofitted in place of altezza badge. Gold Junction Produce emblem in rear where original L was located. If no, Custom painted Gold Altezza Badges.

edit : Also plan on doing the 5 led light courtesy under the sideskirt. I think thats truly VIP.

That would be your basic exterior, along with a nice exhaust, intake, basic other mods etc.

Inside is a whole new beast, but that is still up for debate. I just want to know opinions on my planned exterior. Thanks!

(ideas for interior as well as other exterior viping) Lemme know! (don't say flares/specific rims/etc) I'm looking for original ideas. I don't care what the trend is.

·
Maxed out Rep Club Member
14,279 Posts
That doesn't sound like a bad list at all to work with!

·
Banned
1,414 Posts
As you may or may not be aware, there are no junction produce parts in your list of things you want to do, and for that matter they don't even make aero for our cars, and yet you want to run their emblems why? To me that just seems as ricey as cars that put roll call stickers down their doors for parts they don't even have.

And also, the key to vip styling is being very low and very wide. If you're not cool with a 2-3 inch drop then just stop calling it "vip look" because it will not be.

I'm trying not to hate, but you continually say you want the vip look, but then list things to do that are not vip. It really sounds to me like you want a clean looking car more than a vip styled one.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bout to purchase my first in a couple months. I'm not really into "buying modded" with anything. Thought it may save some work, its just not my own beast ya know what i mean?

I never said I wanted to be VIP in the my.is i'm a hater on life kind of way. I want it to look clean, fresh, and VIP.. VIP means very imporant person. Just because people on my.is link it to historic events, doesn't mean VIP can't be VIP in a different way, if that makes sense.

If this was a show car I would put it on the ground, but for all practical purposes why drop it that low, you can get the same affect with a 1.5 inch drop and it still be driveable.

I don't mean to stir up trouble, but theres alot of people on my.is that take everything so literal. Think outside the box.

I asked if people would like the idea of repping there badges. If you think its a bad idea, thats fine, give your oponion on that. Thats what i wanted to know Not on the whole well its not VIP thing..

With that being said, gold altezza badges would look better?

·
Registered
167 Posts
why drop it that low, you can get the same affect with a 1.5 inch drop and it still be driveable.
No, you can't get the same effect.

There is no substitute for a slammed car.

VIP is dumped.

If its not dumped, its not VIP.

And I'm with ill roller on the Junction Produce thing.

Might as well put Mercedes badges on it.

Here is an example of Junction Produce VIP goodness:

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
don't even put junction produce badges on because they don't make a kit for our car, i wish they did though but if you do a full vertex kit get vertex badges and get a mesh grill and put a vertex badge on it or get a full wald kit with the flares .....the wald kit is the closest kit to a vip stlye car in my opinion especially since wald is one of the top companies for vip cars

·
Registered
890 Posts
don't even put junction produce badges on because they don't make a kit for our car, i wish they did though but if you do a full vertex kit get vertex badges and get a mesh grill and put a vertex badge on it or get a full wald kit with the flares .....the wald kit is the closest kit to a vip stlye car in my opinion especially since wald is one of the top companies for vip cars
I'm with him. You can't achieve the VIP look with Vertex since it is more of an aggressive tuner look.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Investing in bags for your suspension (like air runner) would be great. Both for daily driving and show! Lower your car when you want, and raise it back up for everyday driving.

Only thing is, with such luxury comes a price. ;)

ALso, not feeling the gold emblem. Gold emblems were played out like a decade ago. IMO

·
Registered
209 Posts
IDK what kind of VIP style you were gonna go for. But all TRUE VIP cars i've seen are SLAMMED to the ground (Majority of them, on bags), DEEP dish rims, and beautiful aero parts.

Here's some cars from a recent Lexus meet in Hawaii. Maybe you'll get some inspiration from here. ;)

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
I'm a Junction Produce dealer so when you're ready to buy, let me know. ;)

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
those 2 IS's are so nice... love that clean slammed look...

also if you want JP products... hit up Mark Yuen, he run HIGH SOCIETY and got me all my JP products for my Infiniti M45

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
people are still getting JDM and VIP mixed up :lol:

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
those 2 IS's are so nice... love that clean slammed look...

also if you want JP products... hit up Mark Yuen, he run HIGH SOCIETY and got me all my JP products for my Infiniti M45
Or Apex84 :p also of High Society VIP.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Except bags are for wussies.

Real men dump their cars on coils and drive them like that.

The whole tucking lugnuts thing looks bobo because it can't be driven like that and those guys don't drive them like that.

It should be as low in a parking lot as it is when you're driving it. Otherwise you're just a poser.

The only reason I'd put bags on a car is to raise it up to get in/out of driveways. Not to dump it lower when you are parked.

And then you feel like a real baller when somebody asks you if its on bags, you tell them no I drive it like this every day and their jaw drops.

That's VIP.

·
Banned
1,414 Posts
Except bags are for wussies.

Real men dump their cars on coils and drive them like that.

The whole tucking lugnuts thing looks bobo because it can't be driven like that and those guys don't drive them like that.

It should be as low in a parking lot as it is when you're driving it. Otherwise you're just a poser.

The only reason I'd put bags on a car is to raise it up to get in/out of driveways. Not to dump it lower when you are parked.

And then you feel like a real baller when somebody asks you if its on bags, you tell them no I drive it like this every day and their jaw drops.

That's VIP.
quoted for truth

1 - 17 of 17 Posts