Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
damn, i think i F#$ED up my rim today! as i was heading into the parking structure at school, i saw a chick driving a black IS. so. i just started to stare. uh. she was aight. but it was nice to see another IS, not like they are a rarity at my school. but, i was turning and not paying attention and i jumped the curb/ island thingie. after i parked, i looked at it. nothing seemed to be wrong, i checked the tire. it seems hard, i mean it did seem to have lost any air pressure. right now i am in class, hope when i get out my tire isnt flat. hope my IS still goes straight too. cuz i know that wasnt a good thing. damn, theres a full size spare so i guess if i F&*KED up the rim and tire i can just swap it and hope i dont get a flat. hehehe. or this could be my excuse to ask for some 18" or 19" hehehe.
i'll tell you guys if my tire/ rim is ok, when i get home. if i get home.

I KNOW IM NOT THE ONLY thats jacked up their car cuz they were looking at either a girl or an IS, in my case, both.
------------------
Phil from Irvine (University of Civics and Integras)
'01 IS300 Diamond White Pearl with nothing on the trunk except the Big L.

[This message has been edited by LexDymndz (edited November 30, 2000).]

·
Registered
442 Posts
might wanna check the allignment on that. also look to see if your rims are still striaght up and down too...if they aren't then could be pretty bad. Good luck on it though

·
Registered
189 Posts
Sorry about your tire...hope it's ok

Were you going into the structure by the student center? I am guessing so because I have to slow down a lot to make sure i get around that island when I enter the structure. Be careful at school, cuz there's plenty of bad drivers, and be careful at what u look at LOL. Pretty girls in nice cars is too common here at UCI (I always stare at this one white Supra (PH Toyota frames) that's driven by some Asian girl, and she ain't too bad)

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah TRDRAV4, i was heading into the student center structure. i hate how there are too many nice looking girls in nicer looking cars at our school! damn. thats just too bad, i guess i just gots to deal w/ it.
the tire/ rim seem ok. car still drives straight, tires not flat. not gouges in it. only thing i could tell was wrong was there a scratch on my rim now. but oh well. im over it. just more motivation for me to get new rims and tires. hehehe.

·
Registered
189 Posts
LOL...yup Lex, it's a meat market. What color is your IS? Not that I'd be able to find it (unless it's the auburn, or jade color). All I mostly see are silver or white IS's daily.

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
some of you folks over here in Gen Disc act as if ppl are crashing their own cars into God knows what looking at your IS300. let's be real. the is300 is a nice-looking car, but it's no porsche, ferarri, or lotus. it's not even a 'vette.

m'kay? m'kay.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
The earth stops it's rotation around the sun, countries cease war with each other, and the world in general is closer to perfect peace and harmony.

Thank you IS300. Thank you.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Originally posted by geoff:
some of you folks over here in Gen Disc act as if ppl are crashing their own cars into God knows what looking at your IS300. let's be real. the is300 is a nice-looking car, but it's no porsche, ferarri, or lotus. it's not even a 'vette.

m'kay? m'kay.
Originally posted by QuikVR6:

The earth stops it's rotation around the sun, countries cease war with each other, and the world in general is closer to perfect peace and harmony.

I don't think the IS300 turn heads because its such a beautiful car. A lot of people detest its rice aesthetics, a lot of people worship it.

The IS300 is still fairly a new car. People take notice to new cars that they may not have seen before. Take the Aztec. It is the most god-awful fugly car in the universe, but it still turns heads because it new. The new civic turned my head, the LS430, Z06, 300ci, pt cruiser....

No need to be so sarcastic about it people.

-crontab -l

------------------
An Ecstatic Owner of a Fully-Loaded Graphite Gray 2001 Lexus IS 300

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
My sarcasm is more directed at the general arrogance more than anything. I think it's pretty lame to say that he's not the only one who has damaged their car because they were looking at an IS300. It's nice that he thinks the IS300's shape is something near exotic. Far from ground breaking however.

I wish insurance companies would buy into the whole "I crashed my car looking at an IS300" story and cut me a break.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Um...I think he jumped a curb/island thingie because of the girl mostly, and not the IS... that's the feeling I get anyway

·
Registered
253 Posts
Originally posted by QuikVR6:

YOU ARE FUNNY!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
11 Participants
nutinbut
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing