Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok everyone.... Finally got to SP Engineering Today....

The new test results are just what I expected.
Gains in RWHP and in Torque...

RWHP gain of 7
Torque gain of 4.5

Test Car: 2003 IS300 - 5 Speed w/ Stock Air Filter and 4,090 miles...

Results

DYNO Run #001 .... Baseline - 100 % stock
Max POWER = 185.7
Max TORQUE = 194.0

DYN0 Run #003... My Custom Intake with Stock filter only..!!
Max POWER = 192.6
Max TORQUE = 198.5

Big thanks goes to "Kona" a local .net member who wanted an Intake and also volunteered his car to be used for DYNO Testing...

Many thanks to SP Engineering for all there help and great staff!!!!!
They independently DYNO tested this IS300 !!!! :bigSmile:

I also want to thank IS300gte and many others for all of your input and guidance along the way..

For those of you who may get red X's here is a link with more DYNO sheets scans and pictures of the actual DYNO.

Thank You
Joe Z :bigSmile:

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol: hey Joe, nice dyno result. btw, my bro was there at SP while u dynoing the car.

btw, i was wondering if the intake will give more/less/same HP as on the auto?

·
Registered
463 Posts
7hp with a stock filter? wow nice gains so with toms or another drop in we're looking at 10-12? Very Impressed. Please pm me with that price Joe! :eek: :D :eek:

oh by the way some of your pics don't come up...lots of red x's

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AltEzZa_S4 said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: hey Joe, nice dyno result. btw, my bro was there at SP while u dynoing the car.

btw, i was wondering if the intake will give more/less/same HP as on the auto?
Hey Steve I saw his car, but maybe I missed him inside.....

I believe the HP will be just about the same on an Auto... But like alot of people say it is hard to get an accurate read out on our auto's... That is why new tests have been done on this 5 Speed....

Hard to find good test cars... It's not like I own 3 of these "Beast's" :lol:

Thanx
Joe :chill:

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
much better and more accurate. tell SP, i can come out to consult them on how to use the dyno for the right price ;)

anyways, glad i could help, one question, was there an ecu reset before the stock dyno and before the dyno with the upgraded pipe?

-gte

Joe Z said:
Ok everyone.... Finally got to SP Engineering Today....

The new test results are just what I expected.
Gains in RWHP and in Torque...

RWHP gain of 7
Torque gain of 4.5

Test Car: 03' 5 Speed w/ Stock Filter and 4,090 miles...

Results

DYNO Run #001 .... Baseline - 100 % stock
Max POWER = 185.7
Max TORQUE = 194.0

DYNo Run #003... My Custom Intake with Stock filter only..
Max POWER = 192.6
Max TORQUE = 198.5

These numbers are much more accurate and readable compared to my first DYNO results that were done on an 02' auto....

Much Thanx to "Kona" a local .net member who wanted an Intake and also volunteered for his car to be used for DYNO Testing...

... and to SP Engineering for all there help and great staff!!!!!

I also want to thank IS300gte and many others for all of your input and guidance along the way..

Joe Z :chill:

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
IS300GTE said:
much better and more accurate. tell SP, i can come out to consult them on how to use the dyno for the right price ;)

anyways, glad i could help, one question, was there an ecu reset before the stock dyno and before the dyno with the upgraded pipe?

-gte
Since the car is brand new, I only opted to reset the ECU after the intake was installed.. I hope to go back in a week or two for more DYNO's after the ECU has fully recalibrated and also add a drop in filter to see overall gains..

So when you coming to Cali??? 8) j/k

-Joe

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
thank you for the updated dyno results JoeZ. that is very good stuff to know. 7 rwhp is pretty serious and all that before the ECU recalibrates itself fully :eek: . have you thought of having someone with a manual dyno with an S-AFC tuned? just curious cause i was thinking of that for my next mod along with a xerd mid pipe.

·
Premium Member
11,375 Posts
IS300GTE said:
ahhhh, you should have dynoed it without the reset to have exact comparisons

i'll be out in cali next year actually

Joe Z said:
IS300GTE said:

-gte
Since the car is brand new, I only opted to reset the ECU after the intake was installed.. I hope to go back in a week or two for more DYNO's after the ECU has fully recalibrated and also add a drop in filter to see overall gains..

So when you coming to Cali??? 8) j/k

-Joe
u coming to cali-cali? :eek:

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
For those of you who are still getting the famous Red X's try this link...

I think for some people, it depends on what your internet security options are set too... or what PC you are using, .. home, school, work, etc....
I can see them on my home PC but not my work... So now i will repost pictures from work and i will see them on this post..... Weird!!!

Some cool pix too...

Hope this works...

Joe :chill:

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
onyxIS3 said:
Hey JOE Z do you plan on doing some more dyno tests with other fiters such as trd,blitz,toms or even plp?
I plan to put a Blitz drop in filter in this 03' test car and go back in a week or so to see overall gains with new filter and a fully re-calibrated ECU...

I would love to sit there and test every filter on the market, but I just don't have access to all these filters and DYNO testing is not cheap....
But I will do my best to get more results out of different filters..

JoeZ :chill:

·
Registered
491 Posts
Joe Z said:
onyxIS3 said:
Hey JOE Z do you plan on doing some more dyno tests with other fiters such as trd,blitz,toms or even plp?
I plan to put a Blitz drop in filter in this 03' test car and go back in a week or so to see overall gains with new filter and a fully re-calibrated ECU...

I would love to sit there and test every filter on the market, but I just don't have access to all these filters and DYNO testing is not cheap....
But I will do my best to get more results out of different filters..

JoeZ :chill:
Cool, I hear ya.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts
About this Discussion
90 Replies
48 Participants
Jade300
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing