Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a 12w7 for my is and was wondering if you guys had any sugestions for a box. i know jl makes some but i was told there price is outragious! and help would be great, also i saw in the gallery that alot of people got custom boxes built. is that very expensive. thanks in advance!

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
boxs are expensive, you cant plexisglass a w7, it will tear apart the box, or bandpass it, ask your audio installler, he'll help you out. I WAS going to get it bought price was a factor.....Most likely a sealed or ported box facing thought the skipass is your best bet for clean nice bass,..

·
8,803 Posts
First off, a w7 box CAN use plexi, my box has one whole side in plexi and its fine (and im running a 1000/1 JL amp to it). Second, you shouldnt bandpass a w7, it will sound like sheit. A small sealed or ported enclosure is good... (mine is sealed).

Most shops can do a nice enclosure for around 200-300, the more custom look and fit, as well as amount of plexi and finish materials could bring the price up, but 200 should get a nice box.

My system is still in the process of being installed, but when its all finished i will post pics... hopefully only a few more days.....

·
Registered
246 Posts
LexIS307 said:
boxs are expensive, you cant plexisglass a w7, it will tear apart the box, or bandpass it, ask your audio installler, he'll help you out. I WAS going to get it bought price was a factor.....Most likely a sealed or ported box facing thought the skipass is your best bet for clean nice bass,..
are you sure? i know someone with a 13w7 in a full plexi box. sounds better than when he had a mdf box.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
srry for the missunderstanding, you can have a w7 in a plexis glass box, from when i talked to JL, they dont recommend advise enclosing a w7, (see my system)...due to the power, they said it would tear it apart and sound really bad....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts