Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, I just got my used set of these JIC A2 coilovers, but instructions did not come with it. I was wondering if you guys knew the setting for the shocks. 15 way adjustable, but which way is the soft and which is hard? I have no clue. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
clockwise is stiff / counter is soft

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
instructions were 2 sheets of paper :p if you want i'll scan them.. but uh.. i dont have a scanner. basically you dont put a preload on the spring, and you move the lowest perch, lowering, or raising, the whole shock assembly for your desired height.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
black86 said:
instructions were 2 sheets of paper :p if you want i'll scan them.. but uh.. i dont have a scanner. basically you dont put a preload on the spring, and you move the lowest perch, lowering, or raising, the whole shock assembly for your desired height.
do you mean we have to adjust the height by the lowest component of the suspension? or is it like anyother coilovers where u adjust the height from where those 2 perch are.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
the bottom perch is used as a lock for the height adjustment. If you want to adjust the height, first loosen the bottom perch, then adjust the height by the top two perches. If you want to change the preload, keep the bottom perched locked, and loosen the top two perches by turning both to the left.

If this is unclear then lmk and i'll email you the instruction sheet

1 - 7 of 7 Posts