Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first gen FLT A2s are in desperate need of a rebuild. It sounds like someone pushed a step ladder down the stairs every time i hit a rough bumpy road (not really, but its pretty bad). I have emailed JIC, but they keep giving me the run around about whether or not they can be rebuilt. They want me to send them, and then they will see. The guy I talked to hadn't ever even seen a set of 1st gens (the gold and red ones). Before I ship them off just to hear JIC say no way, does anyone have any experience with 1st Gen rebuilds?

On another note, does anyone have experience with JIC rebuilds? Are they fast, are they worth it, does the work last? Any insight would help. Thanks

·
Premium Member
13,297 Posts
i have the 2nd gen ones...

i know from people on here who know the people who work there say that they are good. it's a bit expensive i must say to rebuild them and i can't wait a long time since my car is my daily driver. i def. need a rebuild too.

·
Registered
703 Posts
i used to work at JIC and the rebuilds are very reliable and well worth it especially by the way you describe the noise you hear.
The thing is with JIC and services like the rebuild, is that there's only 1 (at most 2 people) that would be able to do the rebuild. Rebuilds when i was there took maybe 4-8 days because of all the other stuff goin on there i.e the drift events, time attacks and etc. plus they're always short staffed which never help with getting stuff done.
you can always ask them what events they may have goin on and try and time your drop off then you think that they have time.
people there that i know of are hella cool .. so good luck and hope fully your car isn't down too long because of this.

oh on a side note doesnt matter if it's FLTA2 version one or 2 it's all the same when they pull it apart

hope that helps if you have any other questions feel free to ask

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i used to work at JIC and the rebuilds are very reliable and well worth it especially by the way you describe the noise you hear.
The thing is with JIC and services like the rebuild, is that there's only 1 (at most 2 people) that would be able to do the rebuild. Rebuilds when i was there took maybe 4-8 days because of all the other stuff goin on there i.e the drift events, time attacks and etc. plus they're always short staffed which never help with getting stuff done.
you can always ask them what events they may have goin on and try and time your drop off then you think that they have time.
people there that i know of are hella cool .. so good luck and hope fully your car isn't down too long because of this.

oh on a side note doesnt matter if it's FLTA2 version one or 2 it's all the same when they pull it apart

hope that helps if you have any other questions feel free to ask
Thanks a ton for the info.... thats what I needed to know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts