Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1094 Posts

·
Registered
11,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys/gals, I thought I'd make a build thread. Not going to have much for now as its the winter and the car is back to pretty much stock but whatever.

2005 Black Onyx IS300. Bought it with 94xxx km (59xxx miles) Came with OVERSIZED tires :( F-215/50/17 R-255/45/17 which is why it looks weird haha Previous owner also painted the calipers gold, I'm going to redo them in Teal or dark anodized purple.

Started off:
Ugly hood bra that I took off and sold :)

Proper+ S14 Shifter :) Don't have it on anymore, wanted a change so I'll just go back and forth

BC Racing BR Coilovers with 12k/10k springs.

Plasti-dipped the OEM wheels white

Did a little shoot with my friends, kinda shitty but whatevs haha

Seibon TA Carbon Fiber Side skirts (used)

Then I refurbished them. (DIY in my thread for CF refresh)

VIS V-Spec Carbon Fiber front lip (GReddy GRacer Replica)

Enkei RPF1 18X8.5 +40 (going for semi-aggressive wheel fitment), going to find some 9.5" +45 for the rears though.

JDM Altezza Z-Edition Dark Chrome Grill w/ red emblem

Couple shots I took today. Winter mode, check out dem Fast wheels :p Also, the whole car is an ice block :(

UPDATED Mod List:
Exterior
• VIS V-Spec Carbon Fiber front lip (GReddy Gracer Rep.)
• Seibon TA Carbon Fiber side skirts
• JDM Altezza Dark Chrome Z-Edition grill w/ red emblem
• CF Stubby Antenna
• Blacked out front and rear side markers
• Licence plate LEDs
• DRLs disabled.
• Front clear bra vinyl

Interior
• Proper+ SK14 Bubble Shift Knob
• Cluster, glove box, map, courtesy door, dome, trunk LED’s
• GROM iPod adapter

Wheels/Tires
• Enkei RPF1 F 18X8.5 +40, R 18X9.5 +45
• Michelin Pilot Super Sports F 225/40/18, R 255/35/18

Suspension
• BC Racing BR Coilovers 12k/10k
• MRace Rear Subframe Braces
• Figs Solid Aluminum Steering Rack Bushings

Drivetrain
• Figs Clutch Damper Delete
• Throttle pedal spacer

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Great start cant wait to see the progress. I remember you by your shifter... lol so wromg

·
Registered
743 Posts
Good looking car man. Fellow black onyx 5 speed manual.

·
Registered
11,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great start cant wait to see the progress. I remember you by your shifter... lol so wromg
haha that damn shifter :)

Good looking car man. Fellow black onyx 5 speed manual.
Thanks man!

I bet your anxious for spring to come around, looks clean so far ;)....will be better come spring
Spring can't come any earlier. Fortunately, we're supposed to have one of the warmest winters ever :)

I added some pictures from today.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Great start Jeremy!
Good to see you finally make a build thread.
The carbon fiber will look good on the BO.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Looking good so far, but you really need some fogs. Those plastic caps just don't look right. Does your elbow hit the passenger seat when you shift into reverse :lol:

·
Registered
11,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great start Jeremy!
Good to see you finally make a build thread.
The carbon fiber will look good on the BO.
Thanks man! Not too much of a build thread but you can be sure that it'll be flooding with pictures in the spring from shoots/meets :) Really can't wait.

Looking good so far, but you really need some fogs. Those plastic caps just don't look right. Does your elbow hit the passenger seat when you shift into reverse :lol:
Thanks Rey! Still not sure if I wanna do fogs to be honest. If i did I want the dark chrome housing ones to match my headlights.

My shifter isn't on anymore :p But when it was it didn't hit anything hehe With a shorter shifter I think it would be badass. Right now its just like a long-throw bus shifter haha

·
Registered
64 Posts
i want your foglight covers..........everyone outside of america gets all the good stuff especially those seats can't wait to see this in spring should look great man

·
Registered
743 Posts
Couple shots I took today. Winter mode, check out dem Fast wheels :p Also, the whole car is an ice block :(

I have some just like that I took of mine last January and I live in Alabama lol! Figured I'd share for the heck of it...

·
Mr. Roo
9,339 Posts
Ah! The build thread I've been waiting for! Thanks Jeremy for putting it up. I can't wait for some updates.

You've got ice today? Wow, we're having unseasonably warm temps here in MD (hence why I'm able to get work done). It's a shame you can't garage it at times like these.

That carbon fiber should look right at home there. You've got the exact parts I want lol. (I want to change my front lip for the CF one already). It would be interesting to see the Chargespeed rear with that kit.

·
Registered
11,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i want your foglight covers..........everyone outside of america gets all the good stuff especially those seats can't wait to see this in spring should look great man
Don't all IS300 without fogs have those covers? :p

I have some just like that I took of mine last January and I live in Alabama lol! Figured I'd share for the heck of it...

haha nice!

Finally made a build thread. Lol, I like the white wheels.
You know it. ;)

holy crap that is a layer of ice around the whole car! Never seen that b4
Fuck Quebec.

Ah! The build thread I've been waiting for! Thanks Jeremy for putting it up. I can't wait for some updates.

You've got ice today? Wow, we're having unseasonably warm temps here in MD (hence why I'm able to get work done). It's a shame you can't garage it at times like these.

That carbon fiber should look right at home there. You've got the exact parts I want lol. (I want to change my front lip for the CF one already). It would be interesting to see the Chargespeed rear with that kit.
Haha thanks man! Ya I can't wait. Actually it was Groundhog day today and we only have about 6 weeks of winter left :)

Oh, and I forgot, I can't wait to see those tail lights on there with a body kit... I'm super close to picking up some of those for a custom project.
I can't wait to install them. Hopefully they don't burn out like some of the other ebay ones.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Holy crap! I get annoyed when I see dew on my car. Honestly, I think I'd take CARB over salty winters...or I'd just buy a winter beater :lol:

·
Registered
11,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Holy crap! I get annoyed when I see dew on my car. Honestly, I think I'd take CARB over salty winters...or I'd just buy a winter beater :lol:
hahaha does suck :( i'll get one when I boost ;)

1 - 20 of 1094 Posts