Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sad story here which makes you wonder what the hell is wrong with people. A friend of mine has a black IS, fully loaded. He goes to Taft Highschool. (not what you would call a top notch school) Anyway, he got his IS about 5 months ago and he does drive to school. 2 weeks after he started driving to school, one day when he came out to go home at the end of the day he found a huge dent in the driver side door. He assumed it was a hit and run but we later determined that someone had hit his with a bat because the dent didnt look like something a car could leave. Thats only the first of his problems. About a week ago he was at a party that someone had from his school, all 4 tires slashed. After he had gotten this all fixed, yesterday at his school someone keyed his car all the way around. Can we say jealous @ssholes? Anything like this ever happen to any of you? Scares me.

·
Registered
455 Posts
yeah, people can be a$$holes and sad thing is you have to expect it when you buy a lexus/bmw/mb especially if you still go to highschool...I used to drive my dads car to school and it was keyed once pretty bad

i just try to stay as low key as possible...I don't bump my music loud or speed around corners or anything else to get attention from people at my school

·
Registered
23,901 Posts
Not with my IS. In my former life, I was a security guard at a department store in the mall. There were the standard group of punks that hung out there everyday. One day I caught 2 of them shoplifting (I hate thieves). We prosecuted
Anyway, when I got out of work, my car was fuct.

• 2 Slashed tires
  • cracked pass side mirror
  • puncture holes in both doors (looked like from a screwdriver
  • entire car keyed all around (they even got this gas tank lid - BASTARDS)
Anyway, the damage was around 4300 bucks if I remember correctly. It was a 93 Ford Probe GT. It was under a year old at the time.

I feel I have gotten the last laugh. They are probably still stealing CD's and T-shirts. I have made myself successful. This is how I have to look at things.

·
11,062 Posts
Unless you're in a very affluent neighborhood it's dangerous to drive ANYTHING nice to high school. Kids are awful sometimes!
I kept a low profile...screaming yellow 1968 Renault R10. (48hp, rear engine, RWD, push-button 3 speed automatic) I did have black racing stripes, so I suppose that added about 20 hp.... (Like the IS, all it wanted was premium gas; unlike the IS, I routinely got 38 mpg around town and 46 mpg highway!)
Nobody messed with the little French jalopy.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I wonder if there's an option to set up some security cameras in the car. At least there would be evidence to bust those @ssholes...

·
Registered
96 Posts
His parents fault for allowing this kid to drive such an expensive car to high school.

Not to mention he was probably some kid that though his **** didn't smell.....

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Stock...it wasnt his parents fault you stupid pos. He has no choice to drive to school because his parents are divorced and each of them work. If you knew the school he goes to you would probably understand a little better, but on the other hand your too stuborn to understand anything. And its "sh!t dont *stink*" not smell. fool

·
Registered
134 Posts
Originally posted by stockIS3:
His parents fault for allowing this kid to drive such an expensive car to high school.

Not to mention he was probably some kid that though his **** didn't smell.....

What type of fuct up response is this? Why fault the parent just because they are able to provide something better for their child. Though it maybe a little extravagant at that age, it is no way the parent's fault.
It's attitude like yours that spawn envy and hatred. You should look at yourself much closer before posting some bullsh!t like this.

·
Registered
224 Posts
As the bumper sticker so aptly puts it:

"MEAN PEOPLE SUCK"

That's a shame, but look at the age group you're dealing with.....

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
hmm.. I thought Taft is a pretty good school? I think I went there for sports once. All their girls were wearing white Shirt uniforms and it was raining

Originally posted by DarkzIS300:
Sad story here which makes you wonder what the hell is wrong with people. A friend of mine has a black IS, fully loaded. He goes to Taft Highschool. (not what you would call a top notch school) Anyway, he got his IS about 5 months ago and he does drive to school. 2 weeks after he started driving to school, one day when he came out to go home at the end of the day he found a huge dent in the driver side door. He assumed it was a hit and run but we later determined that someone had hit his with a bat because the dent didnt look like something a car could leave. Thats only the first of his problems. About a week ago he was at a party that someone had from his school, all 4 tires slashed. After he had gotten this all fixed, yesterday at his school someone keyed his car all the way around. Can we say jealous @ssholes? Anything like this ever happen to any of you? Scares me.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They are VERY good in sports. A kid name steve smith is a good friend of one of my friends at my school. This steve smith kid is predicted to win the heisman trophy when hes in college.....and hes in 10th grade right now. Hes incredible. At taft they bus kids in from all over. Single grades have like a thousand kids. Its not that great of a school i promise lol

·
Registered
160 Posts
Well, that's a sad story, but it seems this has been goin' on for quite awhile. Back in the '80's my mom got her radio stolen from the Ralph's parking lot next door between 2:30 and 3:15. My friends rims got stolen there too in '93. Taft isn't a bad school at all. They always kick ass in the academics, and they don't do too bad in sports either. However, it isn't 90210, and these things will always happen. It is sad to see it happen to a fellow Lexus owner, and Toredore. Taft's parking lot is quite impressive, and holds an array of vehicles from Gremlins to Benzes... Sorry to hear about that, that really sucks.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Their sports are great, as I said, and despite the difficulty of the school, their academics arent bad either. What they provide as a school is not bad, but some of the kids are pretty hardcore. Unfortunately they make it a point to take out agression on the more fortunate. Anyway, RLNPHAT, where you live? I always go to that Ralphs and Taft is literally half a mile from my house.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Darkz, my parents live off of Winnetka, up the hill, almost to the top, on one of the side streets. I live in Santa Barbara now, but I still head down there a couple times a month. Mostly on the weekends.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
dood wuts wrong with people sumtimes... man, i go to Glendale Adventist Academy and some parents there are such losers~!!!! they give me dirty looks and talk behind my back because im the new kid and i drive a Lexus... i hate it sometimes, and right before i got out for spring break, one parent even said i almost hit his kid so i might get suspended or kicked out... i cant believe this, i had the car in neutral that day to save gas, because the driveway is a wide sloped road i sometimes coast... but that day especially i was cautious.... i never saw any kid near my car, there were eye-witnesses to back me up because they didnt see any kids either... and of course there are sore losers who have to hate and talk behind my back about my car just because theyre jealous... i wonder sometimes... why do people like that even exist ?

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
chics there were hot too. I like Groton better though, because when I had a race there the girls came out and cheered for me

Originally posted by DarkzIS300:
They are VERY good in sports. A kid name steve smith is a good friend of one of my friends at my school. This steve smith kid is predicted to win the heisman trophy when hes in college.....and hes in 10th grade right now. Hes incredible. At taft they bus kids in from all over. Single grades have like a thousand kids. Its not that great of a school i promise lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
15 Participants
chromaplast
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing