Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey does anyone know if the jdm white foglights are hyperwhite, white, or yellowish looking like the headlights for older cars? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Bulbs will dictate the output. HIDs look HAWT.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ohhhic... wow, u replyed pretty quick. When you buy the foglights, does it come with the hyperwhite ones? I dont care if it's hyperwhite or white like the hids, but i just dont want it to look sorta yellowish.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
No, the fogs come with normal halogen bulbs, nothing blue/hyperwhite/purple/"HID look"/8000k etc,

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanx for the info guys. So you're sayin that i need the white foglights and then i need to buy the hyperwhite bulbs right? Where do they sell that at?

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
TCxIS300 said:
Thanx for the info guys. So you're sayin that i need the white foglights and then i need to buy the hyperwhite bulbs right? Where do they sell that at?
you know you can mod your stock fogs to get that "JDM look"

bulbs can be bought at almost any local car shop

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i thought that you can't just simply change the bulb on the stock foglights? People have told me that i can't just buy the bulb, i need the jdm ones if i want them white.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
like baadhabit said, you can get rid of that yellow look on the stock ones, if you search youll fing a DIY step by step process of how to do it, or be lazy like me and buy jdm ones. I have hid's in mine too and boy do i love it. Check my sig for pics

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
TCxIS300 said:
i thought that you can't just simply change the bulb on the stock foglights? People have told me that i can't just buy the bulb, i need the jdm ones if i want them white.
you mean the yellow part?. yeah thats right. thats not a bulb, its a lense. the bulb is behind that. but someguys have opened up the fogs and sanded down the lense to clear out the yellowness. search around. theres instructions somewhere

OR you buy the JDM fogs, just make sure you get the right ones for your car. depending on the year of your the bulb harness thingy was changed. i know my 01 uses 9006 bulbs. i dont know about the other years

OR the other option is to leave it yellow. i personally like the yellow. its one of the things that makes the IS stand out. IMO the yellow fogs, gauge cluster and tails are part of the IS signature

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanx for the info's. If i get the jdm fogslights, do i have to buy white bulbs? or should they come wit it?

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
TCxIS300 said:
Thanx for the info's. If i get the jdm fogslights, do i have to buy white bulbs? or should they come wit it?

All the bulbs are white/clear

I ordered JDM fogs on ebay along with other members of the board no issues

Straight from Japan

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
IMPRIMIS said:
All the bulbs are white/clear

I ordered JDM fogs on ebay along with other members of the board no issues

Straight from Japan

Yep I got a set from ebay. I am going to convert them to USDM yellow ones. Just bought them because my originals were sandblasted.

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
I am going to convert them to USDM yellow ones. Just bought them because my originals were sandblasted.

So you are going to open a set of JDM lamps and paint a yellow lense?

Or just get a Yellow MTEC bulb for them

Same dif ;)

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Open the JDMs and swap in my original yellow lenses.

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Or you guys can buy the Canadian spec fogs from '02 and newer
ISs... Probably alot easier to ship from Canada to the US than Asia
to US... I don't even mind shipping a set over (I'll find out how
much they are from Lexus)

They're white BTW.

j

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
boman said:
Or you guys can buy the Canadian spec fogs from '02 and newer
ISs... Probably alot easier to ship from Canada to the US than Asia
to US... I don't even mind shipping a set over (I'll find out how
much they are from Lexus)

They're white BTW.

j
I've always wondered why the Americans never bought the Canadian fogs instead of JDM <shrug>. I guess CDM doesn't have the same ring as JDM ;)

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
BossMan said:
To each his own.

yeah considering you can just get the regular OEM ones cheaper, and not have to risk the fogging and the leaking like you will with taking the JDM ones apart

(since the only dif is a colored lense)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts