Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. i ordered a racing dimsions JDM TRD carbon fiber spoiler off ebay not to long ago. here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-...ewItemQQcategoryZ33638QQitemZ7992732389QQrdZ1

anyway, it should be in in the next day or so. i just would like to let you guys know how it fits, and how it looks etc. i just would like to let you guys know how it is, so, those who might want a nice lookin JDM TRD type spoiler. its not a bad price. anyway, i'll update you guys when i receive it.

·
Registered
578 Posts
i like the spoiler and it will look good on your car dude
post pix when you install it, so we can check out

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
okay guys, i just got my spoiler in today. it is awesome. its real carbon fiber on top, and a plastic bottom for bolts to go in. it is probably the best TRD spoiler rep out there. anyway, i'll post some pics when i get it on.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
thksdad said:
okay guys, i just got my spoiler in today. it is awesome. its real carbon fiber on top, and a plastic bottom for bolts to go in. it is probably the best TRD spoiler rep out there. anyway, i'll post some pics when i get it on.
I assume you're not planning to bolt it to your trunk, right? Are you going to just use double-sided tape to install it?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no, i'm going to do both. i'm going to bolt it, and use 3M tape...don't want anyone steeling my spoiler. :) anyway, how do i plan where the holes go? oh, by the way, the the fitnment is perfect.

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
thksdad said:
no, i'm going to do both. i'm going to bolt it, and use 3M tape...don't want anyone steeling my spoiler. :) anyway, how do i plan where the holes go? oh, by the way, the the fitnment is perfect.

Good luck bolting it

Dunno where or how that will work

I just used the 3M and the LTUNED and other spoilers I have done are stuck

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
thksdad said:
Cool, I look forward to seeing some pics. However, bolting probably isn't necessary; and just using tape may be better if you ever change your mind the future and want to remove the spoiler. It's not quite as permanment.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Does the spoiler come with the metal clamps used at the ends of the trunk?

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
jason, i was kidding about selling the ltuned.

everyone else. the REAL TRD spoiler is mounted on the trunk by a combination of tape and 2 (or was it 4) screws. the tape is all along the front edge of the lip, that sits on the trunk. also, you have to drill holes into the trunk lid in order to secure the screws into the threaded inserts that are built into the spoiler.

the L-tuned spoiler is secured to the trunk via tape and two C-clamps. no drilling of holes required.

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
where are the bolts at? (I have never seen a knock off spoiler)

Also was going to say Irv, going from a rare spoiler to a knock-off :lol:

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
same place as the real JDM's jason

at the two sides of the trunk. i believe similar to the location of the OEM spoiler

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
the spoiler came with 4 bolts. you have to buy the 3M tape. i really like the spoiler. the angle is perfect. its probably the best TRD like spoiler for the money. i suggest you getting one if your lookin for a TRD spoiler.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts