Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just put out an order on the short antenna on Ltuned and i was jus wondering how is the reception with the short antenna is it worst? if so i wont mind but i just was wondering for my own reference. thanks oh yeah and what is your guys input on tint on my GGP im from cali so think about the tinting laws. whats your guys suggestion on the percentages

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
My area already has bad reception. When I switched to the JDM short antenna (authentic), my reception got worse. I noticed that my reception is fine in L.A., but sucks in San Diego county. Depending on your location, you may/may not notice a difference.

IMO, JDM antenna>FM lol

I have 50% up front, but I would probably be happier with 35%. When I got a speeding ticket a while ago, the sheriff didn't even add it to the citation. I've found that normally, you won't get pulled over for tinted windows. It will either be added to your ticket or they'll give you the fix-it-ticket instead of what they pulled you over for...but I'm sure that varies by area. I've only been pulled over once in the IS, but when I used to drive a mildly modded civic, I only got cited for tinted windows as an add-on or in place of the real offense (about 3-4x in 15 yrs).

·
Registered
565 Posts
for the longest time i had an S2000 antenna on my car and reception was fine. im sure its the same with the shorty altezza one as well.

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
Replaced my OEM antenna with a JDM short one.

My reception went up surprisingly

·
13,727 Posts
My reception went to hell when I took off my oem one and replaced it with a shorter JDM one. Make sure you keep your old one handy.

Most states will let you go limo (5%) all around except the front windows, which in AZ the max is 35%. I think some states allow 20%. I never have heard of a state that allows tint on the windshield, other than the tint banner at the top. I would recommend (if you can see good at night) to go 5% everywhere and 35% on the front windows. Anything more is hard to see out of at night. And you wouldnt want to pull out in front of someone in your Lex right??

·
13,727 Posts
My reception went to hell when I took off my oem one and replaced it with a shorter JDM one. Make sure you keep your old one handy.

Most states will let you go limo (5%) all around except the front windows, which in AZ the max is 35%. I think some states allow 20%. I never have heard of a state that allows tint on the windshield, other than the tint banner at the top. I would recommend (if you can see good at night) to go 5% everywhere and 35% on the front windows. Anything more is hard to see out of at night. And you wouldnt want to pull out in front of someone in your Lex right??
I just saw you were from Cali. Cali has the harshest tint laws in the country. I think you can only go like 35% or even more all around without the cops being able to pull you over. Cali sucks for tint, I got pulled over there a few times while they pull out their stupid little tint thing and give you a citation. Good luck

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
CHK your state law.
35% is allowed on front, & rears can B as dark as U want (I believe) in FL.

I'm currently running DBL (2 strips) limo (5%) all the way around & 35% on the windshield. Never been pulled by 'trol N 5 YRS of ownership.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
haha i have 2 posts cause i wasnt sure if it would get any replys in this portion of the forum hah

·
Registered
246 Posts
I just saw you were from Cali. Cali has the harshest tint laws in the country. I think you can only go like 35% or even more all around without the cops being able to pull you over. Cali sucks for tint, I got pulled over there a few times while they pull out their stupid little tint thing and give you a citation. Good luck

I'm pretty sure New York is worse in the front windows you have to have 70% but the back windows can be as dark as you want

1 - 13 of 13 Posts