Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 Lexus IS300 I bought the car a few months back just going over the car fixing a few things. After checking the vehicle I tried to move my side mirrors with no response. After popping out the switch I noticed that the wires weren't connected and it was missing the harness to the actual switch I believe it's a JDM switch so I go to the Pull-A-Part pull the pigtail and wall I got that. But the pigtail that I got from a Pull-A-Part near me the wire colors doesn't match the wires that's inside of the door so now I'm stuck not able to wire it properly. So quick question could somebody help me I'll add photos of what I have and if somebody can assist me I appreciate it God bless

Attachments

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I have a 2001 Lexus IS300 I bought the car a few months back just going over the car fixing a few things. After checking the vehicle I tried to move my side mirrors with no response. After popping out the switch I noticed that the wires weren't connected and it was missing the harness to the actual switch I believe it's a JDM switch so I go to the Pull-A-Part pull the pigtail and wall I got that. But the pigtail that I got from a Pull-A-Part near me the wire colors doesn't match the wires that's inside of the door so now I'm stuck not able to wire it properly. So quick question could somebody help me I'll add photos of what I have and if somebody can assist me I appreciate it God bless
Does it have Power fold mirrors?

·
Mr. Roo
9,337 Posts
I have some pictures of when I did the JDM mirror installation

But it looks like the wires on mine all match the colors of the car, but they don't on your switch for some reason

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I looked at that post several times but I just realized I think on mines it doesn't have the pigtail... so how do I fix that? Hopefully I'm in the right post this time lol
Okay, First the pigtail for the JDM switch would be needed.
Second the 2001 I do not think has the additional wires in the harness. You may need to add some wires for the fold function. I know the 2002 and later has them. But have not done the conversion on an 2001 yet.
As for what wire goes for the US market. I can email a wiring diagram to you. If you PM me your email. This will help a lot.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That looks nice! Yeas Nope the wires don't match. I pulled the pigtail from a 2003 lexus es300 but I been looking online every day looking how to rewire.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Second the 2001 I do not think has the additional wires in the harness. You may need to add some wires for the fold function. I know the 2002 and later has them. But have not done the conversion on an 2001 yet.
As for what wire goes for the US market. I can email a wiring diagram to you. If you PM me your email. This will help a lot.
That looks nice! Yeas Nope the wires don't match. I pulled the pigtail from a 2003 lexus es300 but I been looking online every day looking how to rewire.
I do have the pigtail for the switch and also yes how do I send you my email?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have some pictures of when I did the JDM mirror installation

But it looks like the wires on mine all match the colors of the car, but they don't on your switch for some reason
Got a quick question? Can you show my the pic of the pinout inside the switch? So maybe I can wire them straight to the harness

·
Registered
505 Posts
Have you seen this thread? It’s what I used to do mine.

The pics are now crippled by photobucket, so not as much help. I know the plug wires did not match , and it took some testing. Plus, I had to run a pair of wires from the drivers door to the passenger door to actuate the folding mirror.

I think you can pop the switch out without taking off the door panel, right? If so I can snap a pic for you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts