Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
same size housings

JDM provides an incadescent bulb and a JDM shaped plug (does not fit US harness) you need to splice it in.

US model provide a higher output bulb. and a plug/play setup

·
Registered
18,524 Posts
irv_usc said:
jdm housings are clear with colored bulb

us is yellow with standard color bulb
yeah...the JDM neo/ltuned are either BLUE or YELLOW

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well....I ordered a set of l-tuned fogs from carson toyota. but they sent me the JDM version l-tuned fogs. I myself did not see any difference before hand. So I gave them to the body shop to install while they were putting on my new bumper.

I later got a call that they were JDM.....so they went ahead with the install. I later picked it up and noticed the fitment looked good and all, but the intensity of the fogs were not very high....and were nowhere close to the stock headlights. They are white though...not blue or yellow.

I paid $355 shipped for these fogs.....I will contact carson toyota to see what they can do.

·
Registered
18,524 Posts
Superman IS 300 said:
well....I ordered a set of l-tuned fogs from carson toyota. but they sent me the JDM version l-tuned fogs. I myself did not see any difference before hand. So I gave them to the body shop to install while they were putting on my new bumper.

I later got a call that they were JDM.....so they went ahead with the install. I later picked it up and noticed the fitment looked good and all, but the intensity of the fogs were not very high....and were nowhere close to the stock headlights. They are white though...not blue or yellow.

I paid $355 shipped for these fogs.....I will contact carson toyota to see what they can do.
yeah, thats a great price for them though.....

mine retail for $900, the yellow ones, and its just the lense thats yellow I believe....so maybe you can get the lenses thru L-TUNED....look into that option as well...

the intensity of the Ltuned Fog lights are not anywhere close to the headlights, they are bright, but not that bright... :lol:

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
FLOOD
I got the US Ltuned ones. pretty damn good lookin i must say.
Jim Avila likes it.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:eek: :lol: :lol:

Don......lol.....hahaha......your the best.

Thanks for the pics.

I actually like the look of the white clear fogs, and not the yellow. But I would like to have a higher wattage bulb.

So anybody know the wattage bwetween the JDM and US L-tuned fogs?
I will take some pics at night to show you all.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
OK but you are going to loose some of your IS300 identity. IS300s are so easy to recognize at night because of the yellow fogs. You just dont want to look like everybody else huh?

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
PART 2
Anyone know if it is ok to swap in the US L-tuned bulbs in the JDM L-tuned fogs? Can it burn the wiring harness?

What is the wattage of the JDM L-tuned bulbs?

·
Threadlocker
7,912 Posts
as far as i know the wiring harness is a different shape between the JDM and US versions. you will most likely have to modify the bulb in order to make it fit (i'm not sure because i don't remember what bulb size the JDMs use - the US spec still uses a 9006, if i remember correctly)

·
Registered
9,498 Posts
thedon said:
OK but you are going to loose some of your IS300 identity. IS300s are so easy to recognize at night because of the yellow fogs. You just dont want to look like everybody else huh?
he wants to look like those civics that add fogs :lol:

j/k sman

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
irv_usc said:
as far as i know the wiring harness is a different shape between the JDM and US versions. you will most likely have to modify the bulb in order to make it fit (i'm not sure because i don't remember what bulb size the JDMs use - the US spec still uses a 9006, if i remember correctly)
That will suck if I have to modify the bulbs to make them fit. I will let you know what happens when I receive the bulbs tomorrow.

Wish me luck. :-?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts