Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some people have asked me about it, and I had some trouble finding a good picture of it installed online so I figured I'd post a picture here for future searches.

jdm toyota altezza engine start button

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was under 200 (I know, :eek:) shipped from Chin Kwan.

The install was relatively easy, just plug and play. Youve just got to be able to flip things around in your head a little. The diagrams are all for the right hand drive altezza. The cable that connects it is _barely_ long enough to make it to the slot I put it in. The middle slot would be really hard without extending the wires.

And for those of you not familiar: the function of the big red button is obvious, but the little silver flip switch below it is basically a button kill switch. With that in the off position, the red button wont start the car. I suppose thats useful... :-?

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
I believe you still need the key in the ON position inorder for the button to function like it's suppose to... :-?

·
13,978 Posts
86b said:
I believe you still need the key in the ON position inorder for the button to function like it's suppose to... :-?
that's the lazy man's way of turning on an engine. i don't think it's worth $200. pay me $200 and i'll turn the key for you everytime. :D

·
Registered
631 Posts
I too have one. For a standard installtion, yes you still need your key and turn it to IGN. But there is a way where you can totally by-pass the key and just press the button to start the engine. With that set-up, you definitely need the kill switch - just in case.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
eortiz said:
I too have one. For a standard installtion, yes you still need your key and turn it to IGN. But there is a way where you can totally by-pass the key and just press the button to start the engine. With that set-up, you definitely need the kill switch - just in case.
I'd do that, but i'm a paranoid bastard. The security risk is just too great.

·
13,978 Posts
immanis said:
eortiz said:
I'd do that, but i'm a paranoid bastard. The security risk is just too great.
you still need to turn the key so why not just turn it another notch and start the car? :-?

i guess it's all about the "wow" factor. :wink:

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
It is lie the Austin Martin DB7. It too has the same setup. turn ey in on position and push the red button. I thin it is real awesome and not cheap looing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts