Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I'm looking into building a car pc soon. I heard about the JDM dash kit being one of the best looking out there. I was wondering if i bought a 7" touch screen and stripped the bezel would i be able to use just the lcd panel with the JDM kit or would the 7" be to small? Maybe an 8" lcd would work? I see most of the double din HU's here have some bezel around it when fitted into the JDM kit. Anyone has tried this or maybe i should just try to create a custom dash kit.

·
Registered
446 Posts
overall, the jdm kit is pretty much compatible with any dual din. It's basically just a frame that goes around the head unit and below where the trac button and seat heater buttons are at. It fits perfect too.So I don't see why you couldn't put a screen in there, as long as it fits in the dual din part, should work fine.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think you understand my question completely. What i'm trying to do is buy a touch screen and rip out the plastic so i'm left with only the LCD panel and electronics. I then want to be about to fit it onto the JDM kit as to make it look as OEM as possible. My question is has anyone tried this? because most 7" screens have about a half an inch to an inch of plastic around the screen itself. If i were to take that plastic off, would the screen still be big enough to fit into the JDM kit or maybe i should be looking at the 8" screens?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts