Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey my stupid ass 6 disk stock CD player went out the other day. yea, it sucks big ones. anyway, they wanted to charge me $500 to get it fixed...i said no. anyway, i'm now looking at buying a Planet Audio 7" widescreen monitor, FM modulator, and a DVD player. now, here my questions:

A.) Is there a better monitor that is 7" WIDESCREEN? the one i'm looking at is by planet audio, and is about $280.

B.) where can i by a JDM dash kit to fit a 7" widescreen monitor?

C.) will the monitor, either the one i'm talking about, or a suggested one fit in the JDM dash kit?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
you talk to 'Z' at plaet audio? or did you talk to joey? they are family friends but Z is cooler joey is a dick, also try automotive concepts on greensprings hwy
you can buy the dash piece from the .net store

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
go with the kenwood ddx7015, dont be cheap on this you will kick yourself in the ass down the road, save a little longer and get something that is nicer, dont sell your car or yourself short.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
b) I bought mine from eBay. They have them there every now and then. But I think .net price is actually better...if they're in stock. ;)

c) I have the DDX7015...and it's 6.5 inch. Just have to measure it to see...sorry can't tell you on top of my head.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well, i would get the DDX7015, but, to tell ya guys the truth, i can't afford that...its a lot of money for that stuff.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey, real quick question. if i get a 7" widescreen monitor, will it fit in the JDM dash kit spot?

·
Registered
565 Posts
if you dont wanna spend big bucks on a double din, just go get an older flip out screen like the alpine iva-c800 series or cva series..those go pretty cheap now these days

1 - 10 of 10 Posts