Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.nctd.com/01/mid/01lexusis300.cfm

Review from "New Car Test Drive" ... the same reviews that JD Powers uses on their web site. Some extracts ...

"This is what the meaning of the word "IS" is."

"....looks more like a high-strung rally car and behaves more like a road-hugging German touring sedan."

"....will delight and surprise you due to the agile handling characteristics coupled with best-in-class muscle."

"...a compelling alternative to the benchmark
BMW 3 Series sedans."

"In effect, the firm ride quality and controlled handling traits of the IS 300 closely mimics a BMW 328i sedan. Yet it also packs sophisticated Lexus safety and comfort systems and delivers a new power standard for compact sports sedans."

"...capable of keen acceleration and can charge through corners"

"...rivals the BMW 328i in its tight handling traits but develops best-in-class power and provides a high-tech interior design laced with the Lexus quality of quietness and production craftsmanship that sets all curves. Price points scored below the BMW, while high content of standard equipment tips the scales for this Lexus to the side of value."

·
Registered
162 Posts
Nice to see some reviewers without their heads up BMW's A$$. I still like both cars, so hold your flames
Just nice to see an unbaised review now and then. I do like the IS better, though.

(I can feel the heat already)

------------------
Perception IS Reality

[This message has been edited by Almost There (edited October 13, 2000).]

·
Premium Member
8,107 Posts
I'm always amused by people who say "The IS300 is nowhere near the 3 series", because those BMW fans don't even understand what makes the 3 series great (and what is more and more missing from the new BMWs). The Lexus has this (balance, razor-sharp steering, compactness, great road feel). But no manual. Doh!

Originally posted by Almost There:
Nice to see some reviewers without their heads up BMW's A$$. I still like both cars, so hold your flames
Just nice to see an unbaised review now and then. I do like the IS better, though.

(I can feel the heat already)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts