Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

Im looking at the jbl 600.1 which i believe is stable at 2 ohm. If i got this amp, i would need to get the 4 ohm DVC alpine type r subs right? Not the 2 ohm ones.

·
Useless
5,346 Posts
dmoney69 said:
Hey,

Im looking at the jbl 600.1 which i believe is stable at 2 ohm. If i got this amp, i would need to get the 4 ohm DVC alpine type r subs right? Not the 2 ohm ones.
If it is a 2 ohm mono stable amp and you are going to run 1 sub, then you need either dual 4 ohm, single 2 ohm, dual 1 ohm, or a quad 8 ohm speaker.

·
Useless
5,346 Posts
dmoney69 said:
I plan on running 2 DVC 4 ohm subs
The 600.1 is a mono block 2 ohm stable amplifier that is capable of a claimed 600 watts.

If you want to run 2 subs, then you need either 2, dual 8 ohm voice coils, or 2 dual 2 ohm voive coil subs. Not the dual 4 ohm ones you are thinking.
2 dual 4 ohm would be 1 ohm or 4 ohm mono.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lisnup65 said:
dmoney69 said:
The 600.1 is a mono block 2 ohm stable amplifier that is capable of a claimed 600 watts.

If you want to run 2 subs, then you need either 2, dual 8 ohm voice coils, or 2 dual 2 ohm voive coil subs. Not the dual 4 ohm ones you are thinking.
ooooh ok i get it now thank you very much!
Just for reference, if the 2 subs were single voice coil then it would be different again right? thanks!

·
Useless
5,346 Posts
dmoney69 said:
lisnup65 said:
dmoney69 said:

ooooh ok i get it now thank you very much!
Just for reference, if the 2 subs were single voice coil then it would be different again right? thanks!
Correct! You would then need 2 single 4 ohm subs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts