Lexus IS Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

· Registered
2004 IS300
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Hey, what was the process for cutting the rear fenders? One layer of metal or two? I might have to do some chopping this weekend. Lol.
I cut a arch out of the outer skin/fender first then slotted and hammered the inner skin upwards for integrity. I welded the inner skin back up, cut the excess off, and then sealed them off with fiberglass filler

· Registered
'01 IS300
95 Posts
I cut a arch out of the outer skin/fender first then slotted and hammered the inner skin upwards for integrity. I welded the inner skin back up, cut the excess off, and then sealed them off with fiberglass filler
Thank you. I had to get some advice before I went to hacking. Gotta clear some space to fit the low offset rears.

· Registered
2004 IS300
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Thank you. I had to get some advice before I went to hacking. Gotta clear some space to fit the low offset rears.
Take your time, measure, and mask up areas to prevent fallout on the paint (If you're repainting you can kind of skip this)

My cuts aren't 100% identical but they are close enough to fit my wheels&tires. Once I figure out what wheels I'm choosing I may/May Not have to go back in a cut some more

· Registered
2004 IS300
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I believe this is the 2nd or 3rd coat of epoxy. This coat is still a bit tacky so it needs to dry for maybe another day. I'll probably do about 2 or 3 more coats with wet sanding in between.

This is just a test fit to see what causes interference and where I need to trim before clearcoat
Car Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Tire

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tail & brake light

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive side marker light

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

21 - 32 of 32 Posts