Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
2004 IS300
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is from another forum but the same setup

Bought my 04 IS300 back in 2016 for $3500 to replace my daily at the time. Factory 5 Speed with LSD so it was a deal for me. Within the first month the water pump pulley failed so I did an complete tune up with new oem Toyota/Lexus parts.
Automotive parking light Car Wheel Tire Sky

It's been awhile so I don't completely remember everything.
  • The first mod I did was install a HKS Carbon ti. I also Got this for a steal because the eBay seller was closing up pretty soon.
  • Following afterwards was the Greddy Style front lip and VHT niteshaded the tails.
Automotive parking light Car Wheel Tire Sky
Car Wheel Sky Tire Land vehicle

-Then I added the eBay TRD style sideskirts and got some new wheels. SSR GTX01s in 18x8.5 (225/40/18) and 18x9.5 (265/35/18) on some Michelin Pilot Super Sports. I believe I also picked up some black housing DEPO headlights around this time. As well as an authentic Altezza grill.
Wheel Tire Automotive side marker light Cloud Vehicle

I don't have a picture on my phone of this but I picked up a HKS replica kit from ekb.plast sometime between 2017-2018. Since the factory crash bars did not fit I picked up new ones from Street Faction Engineering.
Wood Rectangle Flooring Floor Automotive exterior

I ran the HKS kit unpainted for a few months and the following year I picked up the Monster Service V2 fender flares. I installed and painted the kit in like 5 days with some Duplicolor paint matched cans. I installed a splitter on the front bumper and sideskirts a few weeks after painting.
Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Tire
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Wheel

Car sat for 2 1/2 years because I was going to repaint the entire car but had some issues come up. I had sanded majority of the car and the body parts were stored in my garage.

November 1, 2022 I started working on the car again. I haven't taken many pictures because I forget to take progression pictures. So I'll make a sort list and update as I continue to work on it.

So far what's been done/Being Worked on
- Molded the flares onto the car
-Molding flare pieces to Bumper
  • Carbon Roof Skin
  • Custom Carbon Spoiler
  • Blacking out the rest of the interior
  • Flocking spare Dash to replace original sticky dash
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Motor vehicle Fender
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle Car

Registered
2004 IS300
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Picked up some Porsche Cayenne/Volkswagen Touareg 17z calipers for $100 from one of my local junkyards. I currently have Supra TT Calipers but they don't look right with the widebody. I was waiting for this car to be put out for a week and got them right away lol. Took about 20 minutes to remove everything

I haven't decided what rotors to run and if I'll buy/make adapters. Still working on the bodywork so the calipers are not a priority.
Shoe Automotive tire Outdoor shoe Art Auto part

Registered
2004 IS300
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just a small update. Haven't done too much but it's progress. All the fenders still need alot of work and I've been fixing some cracks on the front bumper. I haven't put any bondo on the left rear flare because I'm not sure how I'll blend it in with the gas door. I kind of have an idea but I'll focus on everything else first. Spoiler is coming along as well but it's still a secret lol
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle Car

Car Land vehicle Wheel Tire Vehicle

Automotive parking light Car Automotive side-view mirror Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Tire Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Registered
2004 IS300
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nothing too serious today. I bolted on the rest of my body parts (Still need work lol) and put on my wheel spacers to fine tune the flares for clearance issues. I'm thinking of changing wheels to something like BBS LMs or Volk Racing 21A with better sizing to eliminate the need for wheel spacers. Also a glimpse of my 17z calipers in comparison of my Supra TT calipers 馃槑

Automotive tire Safety glove Automotive wheel system Machine Gas

Automotive tire Abrasive saw Saw Motor vehicle Automotive wheel system

Tire Wheel Automotive side marker light Car Vehicle

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Bicycle wheel rim Tread

Wheel Automotive tire Rim Bicycle part Hubcap

Wheel Automotive tire Automotive design Rim Tread

Wheel Tire Bicycle wheel rim Automotive tire Tread

Registered
2004 IS300
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Automotive tire Red Automotive design Bumper Automotive exterior

Tried to paint my 17z calipers the same burgundy/red I painted my TT calipers years ago. I don't remember exactly how I did it so they came out another color. Maybe not enough coats? I used the same Duplicolor Metalcast from before. When i freshly painted the TT calipers they matched the Altezza grill badge. This will work for now until I repaint them again
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle

Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting

1 - 7 of 7 Posts