Lexus IS Forum banner

121 - 140 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Don't feel bad, I've got a 2 hour drive myself.....and in the snow. I hope there's a car wash near the automall somewhere. Or a hose and soap at Mike's house maybe...LOL

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
I know, I need to wash my car too. The weather here has been kinda nasty, really cold and when you don't have a garage, in the morning, the car is covered with frost and heavy dirt from all the dust and debris. Planing on washing tonight or tomorrow night before the meet. I work late so have no time in the morning....or...... maybe get a wash at Mike's pad if he doesn't mind??....I'll split the water bill with you Mike! Just don't over charge if I intend to use the nozzle sprayer....:)

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Anyone is more than welcome to wash their car at my pad and I won't even charge :). I have a microfiber sponge, bucket, dish soap, and some tire shine. If you want more than that you might want to bring your own products.
Like I said my house is small but I'm sure we can squeeze everyone in.

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
^^you going to pick on Mike now huh??:) I used to have a Black Integra(DC2) and that sucker was a pain to maintain...although, it looked hecka sweet at certain angles depending on how much light is hitting it! Yeah, the GGP is way easier to clean, can hardly notice any swirl marks...oops, sorry Mike, I know, "Swirls suck"

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I just hope there is some overcast on Sunday to help hide my swirls.

·
Registered
343 Posts
cleaned the interior and engine bay this evening so that I don't have more to do tomorrow. Tomorrow will probably be a nice polish and wax.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
we might as well get an is300 HIN going.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I always use that Turtle Wax car wash soap on my cars....it kicks @%$!!! Hey, will simple green sprayed on your motor hurt anything?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
ggp taillights. last minute thing. you cant really tell but theyre ggp. i m not sure but i might tint the red. bad pictures too, huh. bad idea to do this the day before a meet.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
and that freakin celica. stock body kit and everything. just rims and all the little kids like it better.:(

·
Registered
670 Posts
How's the weather looking guys. The news is saying a 40%-50% chance of SNOW here in Reno and in Truckee for Sun. and Mon. I just washed my motor and everything today. It better not snow or I'm gonna miss out.....#$%&!!!

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #139
i cleaned and waxed. same mothers wax! but ihave some water spots and chips everywhere. im gonna have to polish my headlights. and new paint. im gonna wait til i get my kit though.

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
sounds like a fun meet, i wish i can go....maybe next time?

timbo....ouch...the weather doesnt look too good over the pass around lunch time.
Hourly Weather Forecast for Truckee, CA (96161) - weather.com

damn once thing i hate about going over the mountains is that there is soo much dirt they put on it when there is a storm...for work i drive to truckee 4 out of the 5 days and when there's a semi in from of you...your basically screwed...good thing i have a suv that i can drive back and forth. timbo if you decide to go, blue tape the shit out of your car!

121 - 140 of 187 Posts