Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got 2 jackstands, 2 car jacks..

am i able to jack up all 4 wheels using 2 jackstands and 2 car jacks?..afraid this might warp the frame of the car?

thanks..

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
DYSFUNCTIONAL,

Did you go to Import Showoff? I heard there are a couple of modded IS 300s in the show. Mostly appearance stuff like 19s and body kits. I heard there's even one w/air bags and nos.

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Do NOT leave your car on the jacks! Use jackstands for all four corners!

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im going tomorrow... maybe ill get some pics.. ill post em up...

hmm but its only going to be on the car jacks for couple of hours?

may i ask why not?

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
The jacks have a possibility of failing (very slim though), and if it does, you do not want to be underneath your car. Sorry if this sounds too uptight, but I'm a safety nazi.

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
Originally posted by JW:
The jacks have a possibility of failing (very slim though), and if it does, you do not want to be underneath your car. Sorry if this sounds too uptight, but I'm a safety nazi.
not only that but the contact areas on the top and bottom are much smaller than a jackstand, and less stable

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
How cheap can you be NOT to buy 2 more jackstands for like $20 and save ur brains from being squashed under a 3000lbs car. remember when you start undoing bolts on ur car the torque you are applying to the bolts can be felt throughout the car. and can easily make a jack roll or slip. Be safe man. (think of when you tightening or loosening ur lugnuts.. see how ur car moves back or forward? I know you dont need that kinda movement when ur car up on 2 hydro jacks and you underneath?)

be safe... good luck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts