Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got 2 jackstands, 2 car jacks..

am i able to jack up all 4 wheels using 2 jackstands and 2 car jacks?..afraid this might warp the frame of the car?

thanks..

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
DYSFUNCTIONAL,

Did you go to Import Showoff? I heard there are a couple of modded IS 300s in the show. Mostly appearance stuff like 19s and body kits. I heard there's even one w/air bags and nos.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im going tomorrow... maybe ill get some pics.. ill post em up...

hmm but its only going to be on the car jacks for couple of hours?

may i ask why not?

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
The jacks have a possibility of failing (very slim though), and if it does, you do not want to be underneath your car. Sorry if this sounds too uptight, but I'm a safety nazi.

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
Originally posted by JW:
The jacks have a possibility of failing (very slim though), and if it does, you do not want to be underneath your car. Sorry if this sounds too uptight, but I'm a safety nazi.
not only that but the contact areas on the top and bottom are much smaller than a jackstand, and less stable

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
How cheap can you be NOT to buy 2 more jackstands for like $20 and save ur brains from being squashed under a 3000lbs car. remember when you start undoing bolts on ur car the torque you are applying to the bolts can be felt throughout the car. and can easily make a jack roll or slip. Be safe man. (think of when you tightening or loosening ur lugnuts.. see how ur car moves back or forward? I know you dont need that kinda movement when ur car up on 2 hydro jacks and you underneath?)

be safe... good luck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
6 Participants
BigDaddyRich
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing