Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I first bought my IS300 I wanted this bodykit:

http://www.japanparts.com/Pic/pic053/001-001.htm

However it was going to cost like 1,800.00 to purchase and ship from Japan. Way out of what I intended to spend. Then I went to finding the AREA 51 kit and found out they went out of business. Now I have the ArmsDesign Kit and loving it every bit. Now Kaminari just started making the kit again just my luck.

You can check out pics of my current setup in my www signature below and let me know what you think. Every once in a while I change my mind of how the car looks.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
looks great, as alex said, i think it looks better in person....
get some eyelids, like the blitz
drop the is
rims

:D

if you're ever planning to get a new kit and selling the ArmsDesign, let me know, i might be interested :D

·
2,883 Posts
J&S?

I never heard of that company, and I know a bunch. Are you sure it was not "Lucky" which is labled on the car?

Just wondering.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jiggafett said:
J&S?

I never heard of that company, and I know a bunch. Are you sure it was not "Lucky" which is labled on the car?

Just wondering.
It is J&S. Its on the japanparts.com website listed as J&S. I even saw it in the Altezza magazine in Japan. Labaled it J&S and not Lucky... Thats what i thought at first though.

·
2,883 Posts
AntzLexusIS said:
jiggafett said:
J&S?

Just wondering.
It is J&S. Its on the japanparts.com website listed as J&S. I even saw it in the Altezza magazine in Japan. Labaled it J&S and not Lucky... Thats what i thought at first though.
Which Altezza mag? The blueish cover or the cartoon looking cover?

I have the one with the real pic (not the cartoon loking one) I got it when I was at the Toyota Showroom (MEGAWEB) in Japan.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i think it is the cartoon looking one. very think cover and had multiple colors.

basically was a book specific to altezza's so it displayed everything you could possibly want for the altezza. draw back was language barrier and the shear fact that the parts are only for the toyota altezza.

·
2,883 Posts
AntzLexusIS said:
i think it is the cartoon looking one. very think cover and had multiple colors.

basically was a book specific to altezza's so it displayed everything you could possibly want for the altezza. draw back was language barrier and the shear fact that the parts are only for the toyota altezza.
It's pretty much the same mag, just a newer layout. There are so many things in that mag, I'm always noticing new stuff. I've had the mag since Dec. of 1999 one of the best purchases I've ever gotten for the car. That is how I heard of the Pitturra company and told some other guys and we had a group buy on the roof spoilers way back when.

That J&S kit would only look correct with an intercooler in the middle otherwise I think it would be sorta too much for an N/A IS.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
jiggafett said:
AntzLexusIS said:

It's pretty much the same mag, just a newer layout. There are so many things in that mag, I'm always noticing new stuff. I've had the mag since Dec. of 1999 one of the best purchases I've ever gotten for the car. That is how I heard of the Pitturra company and told some other guys and we had a group buy on the roof spoilers way back when.

That J&S kit would only look correct with an intercooler in the middle otherwise I think it would be sorta too much for an N/A IS.
my thoughts exactly it will only look good with an intercooler. the other thing is removal of crash bar as we all know JDM kits require removal of crash bars and also made with fiberglass.

thats where i saw pittura roof wings and also the UGO roof wing. In addition many other bodykits that are not discussed on this site which is weird. everyone wants that jdm look so much and that mag is the perfect piece of reference for obtaining JDM.

·
2,883 Posts
AntzLexusIS said:
jiggafett said:
AntzLexusIS said:

my thoughts exactly it will only look good with an intercooler. the other thing is removal of crash bar as we all know JDM kits require removal of crash bars and also made with fiberglass.

thats where i saw pittura roof wings and also the UGO roof wing. In addition many other bodykits that are not discussed on this site which is weird. everyone wants that jdm look so much and that mag is the perfect piece of reference for obtaining JDM.

I have the TTE front which also required the crash bar removal, but I get the urethane I love.

As far as the translation goes, best bet for you is to find a girl in your area who is Japanese and hook up...then one day spring the book on here and tell her you'd like her to translate some stuff for you. Luckily for me my cousins buddy from the Marines has a Japanese g/f and she helped me call Pittura and ask some questions about payment and shipping. I hope to make it back to Japan one day, g-d knows how much stuff has been printed on the Altezza since I've been there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.