Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the pics from the image gallery to see what's the difference between the LP and LS package and I noticed that the dash on the LP is black whereas the LS is grayish. The black/ivory instrument panel discription on the LP package must mean the black dash with ivory glove compartment. I think the black dash looks better than the grayish dash of the LS package.

LP Package

LS Package

[TEG fixed your image links]

[This message has been edited by TEG (edited June 06, 2000).]

·
Registered
306 Posts
I was wondering about that as well. It looks like the black dash is all one color whereas the LS dash has two tones of grey (on the console as well). One of the tones of grey seems to have a greenish cast to it. I think I prefer the black as well. One dealer told me that the wood trim would not be included. I guess this picture would rule that out. It surprises me how little these dealers seem to know about their own product which will be on sale in two weeks.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
It looks like the lighting in the top picture is much darker, so I would say it is hard to compare the lightness/darkness of these two easily just from these pictures.

·
Registered
424 Posts
If you look at package page of the whatsIS300.com, you will notice that the chrome shift knob will be replaced by leather one if you go for the ivory tow-tone interior (which is equivalent to LP package in US). Also the headlamp washers only come with "LP" package. The arrangement is quite in sync. with the European sports package offering (leather shift knob+headlamp washers)

AndyL

·
Registered
424 Posts
Teg, thanks for your correction. I was just rushing to make the comment. It also makes the site name grammatically correct.

AndyL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts