Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
3.3L I6 in this car? I don't think so. People already complain that the car is too front heavy, and a few more pounds added by the 3.3 L engine will just make car even more unbalance. I think they will either have a new 3L I6 engine to replace this aging block or some type of force induction to aid it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It makes sense in the direction of a BMW challenger. Even more similar names, would show a more aggressive pursuit. Do you get a BMW 330, or a Lexus 330....?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Why would the fact that Lexus enlarged the displacement of the 4L V8 to 4.3L have anything to do with an enlargement in displacement of the 3L V6? The two seem completely unrelated. Also, additional poundage does not necessarily come with more displacement. The current engine could simply be bored and/or stroked to give the additional displacement at a weight SAVINGS.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
if lexus was doing that, why not make hte v8 a 4.4 instead of a 4.3 so they can be just like bmw? i really don't see a whole lot fo logical reasoning behind an is330.

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Yes! That's exactly one of the engine configurations I'll take for the IS...equip it with the 1JZ-GTE (2.5L, twin turbos, used in JDM MkIII Supra and JDM Soarer)! Another is a 3S-GTE.

Originally posted by kota:
I hope they reduce the engine displacemnt to 2.5L to reduce the weight and use VVTL-i or turbocharger to compensate.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
JW
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing