Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as stated i have them on my question is, how do i accurately adjust my height ? i know i use the wrenches but where do i start?

·
Registered
295 Posts
I'm sure more will chime in, but I heard most people talk about using the wrenches (of course) and using a tape measure from the bumper to the ground to verify ride heights to match equally from left to right. Hope this helps and G/L

·
Registered
213 Posts
Just adjust the spring perches down to lower the car or you can move the lower mounts up to lower the car, obviously the other way around to raise the car.

It might take you a few tries to get it perfect to where you like it but its pretty simple to do.

Usuallly I just count the threads on the shock body to see if they are even from left to right.

Hope that answers your question

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Adjust it by moving it all the way to the top or all the way to the bottom. Then mark an area of the perch with some tape to record how many times it has turned whether you started from the top or the bottom. For instance, if you do, let's say 10 clicks (watching the marked area pass you 10 times) then do the same for the others.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
I've always wondered how someone would do this with coilovers.
So you just pretty much have to guess-a-mate?

wouldn't that be time consuming, b/c from what i understand, you'll need to adjust the height. Put on the wheels, then drive around, let it settle and then check if it is the drop you want? Is that how it goes?

·
Registered
548 Posts
depending on what type of design the coilovers are, you can either adjust from the perches or if you have a decent coilover system, it'll allow you to adjust from the shock body separate from the spring perch. The tape measure method, and counting the threads work - but keep in mind that in general front shocks aren't always identical to the rear shock in height. This is why you see vehicles with different drop heights.

I usually will lay the coilover next to the old factory one and then adjust the height from the difference to get an initial setup then you can do the fine adjustments once on the vehicle.

i have the apex'i n1 type v if you're wondering. :) hope that helps!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts