Lexus IS Forum banner

Its time for the 30K Service, Dayum how the miles go by

1K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  Vman 
#1 ·
I am lucky I get my 30K service for free because of that time SBL kept my car for so long and my calls to Lexus headquarters. So now its time. But I want to make sure I get everything done. What do they do at the 30K. Sure I can read the book that comes with the car but I never miss a chance to post some pics. Look at my virgin car and the more mature version.

Pics first month, wax job, last month

See less See more
#9 ·
ltunedgirl said:
SBL sucks...i can't beleive you get your service done there....
i don't know what they do for 30k, look in the book :crazy:
Im not gonna turn my back on SBL since they got me my car for a great price, and the Ltuned kit for a sweet deal, and lets not forget its 30K 4 FREE.
Plus they got starbucks coffee and fresh baked cookies and all types of goodies every morning.
Actually I dont know if their service sucks or not, I think the minor problems I've had with them would be the same anywhere. Some dealers are above average. I hear Tustin is a great place for service. There's always gonna be a few people that say any dealer sucks. SBL is small but cool. Unless they hold your car hostage for 2-3 weeks.

#11 ·
Hey Don are you coming on Sunday???

Some help...

30 K Service
Engine Oil & Filter
OEM Intake Air Filter or "xxx" Drop in
Radiator Coolant
Tranny Fluid
Brake Fluid
Differential Fluid
Rotate Tires
Inspect Brakes
Check Strategic Bolts "Listed in manual"

45K Service
Same as 15k

Engine Oil & Filter
Tranny Fluid
Differential Fluid
Rotate Tires
Inspect Brakes
Check Strategic Bolts "Listed in manual"

60K Service
Same as 30K

75K Service
Same as 45K

90K Service
Same as 30K
Plus: Spark Plugs, Timing Belt, Throttle body removal and cleaning & Radiator removal and interior/exterior cleaning/flushing.

This is the major work that is recomended by a Certified Lexus Mechanic. Some people will say different. But I believe that those things listed above should be done to keep the car running at 100%..
I may have left somethings out, like a dealer service fee for plunger up the ahole for an extra $189.99 + tax :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Please be reminded they will charge extra for Lube!! :lol:

Jzizzle 8)

#13 ·
Hey Tony...

I have 90K listed above.

Jz :D

juniorsdad said:
hey joe...
what about the timing belt...?
when does it get changed - 60, 75 or 90k

#15 ·
The miles definitely pile up quick don't they? I had 14,000 on my 2001 this past June and now I'm up over 25,000. 50 miles round trip to work every day for the past 3.5 months and several trip between Austin and Houston racked up the miles. I've got a new job though, office is 5 miles from my apartment. That should help :D

BTW...you're car looks awesome...gotta love that color!!

#16 ·
I went to Luxury Motorworks for my 30k a couple of weeks ago. A++ service and it only cost me ~$220

Here's what they did:

Replace Engine oil and filter
Replace Transmission fluid
Replace Differential fluid
Replace Coolant
Replace Air Filter
Replace Brake Fluid
Inspect and Rotate tires
Inspect and Adjust all Fluid levels
Inspect body/chassis nuts and bolts
Inspect fuel system, exhaust pipes and mountings
Inspect Brakes and Power Steering
Inspect Dust Covers, Ball Joints, and Suspension

I went and got lunch when this was all done, but usually can watch if you are worried about them actually doing it or not.

#17 ·
Deeyam, Donnie -Boy! Rackin' up some miles, eh! Didn't you get yours just slightly before I got mine? I've only got 11,500 ...but it helps to have my beater Integra to drive around...not to mention it being in the body shop for the past month! :bitching: :bitching: I'll be getting it back next week just to put it in my garage to let the paint cure.before I can wax it and get it re-Xpel 'led. Then I'll be gone back east 2 weeks for the holidays. Which means I won't be driving her for like 2 months straight! :cry: :cry: :crazy:

Your IBPL is loooo -keeennggg Goooood , Mang!

P.S. I remember staring at that first picture of yours when it was new while I was waiting for mine to arrive ....hehe . :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.