Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to get a new battery for my key today because my keyless entry stopped responding. I get to lexus, buy a new battery and when I go back to my car... it doesn't work. I figure no problem I'll just hold the lock and unlock button because thats what it says in the owner's manual. No go. I think ok, whatever I'll go back inside and ask them whats wrong. I had locked the doors when I got inside my car thinking I had to do it in there. When I went to press the button to unlock my door... nothing. The power locks stopped working. So, I pull into the service center and 3 techs spend 15 mins pressing the lock and unlock button while telling me they have no idea what to do. They cant give me an idea of whats wrong, or a price of repair. So, anyone have some ideas? Im taking the car back to the dealer I bought it from so they can look at it. Im one more problem away from trading this for something more sensible.

·
Registered
13,905 Posts
Your car battery may be dead, you may have put the battery in the key backwards, etc. Will it pop the trunk? If so, your power lock solenoid might be bad.

If the key is working it will light up the red LED on the key when you press a button.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts