Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lexus corporate contacted me today and made it official. They will be honoring my "Lemon Law" claim.

I will be getting a brand new IS350 with equal or greater options and the color of my choice.

I'm going to see if I can get a ML Sound upgrade from my original and I'm going for the Glacier Frost Mica. They tell me I should have my ride in about two weeks (provided they can find the color with my options).

I'll post pics as soon as I get her.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I've been watching your threads - good for you. After all that, you definitely deserve a new one IMO. Post up some pics when you can.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys.

To answer some questions...

Lexer for life??? I probably was one anyway (family of Lexus owners, GX, RX, ES and my IS). I think Lexus handled the situation reasonably well, but to be fair, it's not like they had much choice. If it were Ford, GM or Mercedes they would have probably done the same, it just depends on how quickly. Overall, I'm pretty happy.

Did I notice a decrease in power?

Yes... I think. I could be wrong, but after I got the car back, it felt sluggish and it was definitely noisey (way more than before). The engine was almost buzzing when I got it back.

·
Registered
75 Posts
whoa... how do i have an ignition switch issue? :) good for you

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Okay boys... I ordered my '08 today.

Glaceir Frost Mica w/ black interior and I asked for a ML sound if possible (didn't have it on my '07 but I figured after 26 days without my car they could kick in a little extra).

I have to sign a power of attorney to Lexus corporate to take ownership of my car and they told me once the locate my car, they'll let me know, but expect it should take less than a week to ten days.

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
Congratulations and I'm glad everything is working out for you. Hope you get the ML:p

·
Registered
4 Posts
You're the first person I've seen with a Lemon Law issue. I won this summer against Honda regarding my 2006 Acura TSX I bought new in 2007. I fought it and fought it and this summer they finally came to a judgement and I got a brand new 2008 Acura TSX. I took it the next weekend and traded it for my IS350. HAH! Good work, and I know it feels damn good!

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So.....

No Glacier Frost Mica (for three months) and NO ML sound. They gave me some cock and bull story which I don't believe, but I'm not pushing it.

I didn't want to get another Tungsten (silver), so I chose starfire pearl (white) with a black interior.

Should be delivered next week.

You're the first person I've seen with a Lemon Law issue.
Well, the Lexus rep said something to me today that indicates she believes that the dealership messed up my car when the installed XM. I'm not sure how true that is, but she didn't explicitly say "it was their fault" but came pretty close.

She said, "we're installing XM from the factory to ensure it gets done right". I said, "are you suggesting the dealership caused all of the problems?" and she said, "I'm not sure, but that is why we are taking the car back to find out exactly what went wrong, how it went wrong and why it took so long to diagnose".

I ended up talking to the Lex rep for about 20 minutes and she also told me the car would be sent to PA, labelled as a "lemon" and resold, probably at about a 10k loss. I told her I am 100% sure they have insurance to cover such losses, although she said they did not.

In any event, I'll send pics of the new whip when I get it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well good luck with that! Definitely take pics, and when I walked out of that whole issue, I realized how important keeping records of service were. Good work! hah

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well good luck with that! Definitely take pics, and when I walked out of that whole issue, I realized how important keeping records of service were. Good work! hah

100% right.

They were very clear (prior to settling the claim) that they needed to see all my service records INCLUDING all after market additions. I'll bet you dimes to dollars if I had put an after market exhaust, stereo system or anything of substance, they would have used "it" as an excuse to deny the claim.

·
Premium Member
7,315 Posts
great news! Congrats.

Great learning experiece for all regardless of what car you own.

Thanks for sharing your experience

1 - 19 of 19 Posts