Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I picked up my IS yesterday after having the security system disabled I was told the head service guy wanted to talk with me. He takes me into his office and says "sir I have some bad news". I'm like oh shit my tranny is gone or engine is blowing up. He says about the only thing left on my car that warranty would cover is the interior. He says no electrical, no motor, no suspension, no brakes, no wheels, no lights, no stereo, etc. They did however let me use a new ES all day! The techs did say that the PLP kit looked awsome and really well made. They said they had really seen some hacked up IS's come through and mine was really done well 8) .

· Registered
2,059 Posts
im sorry but thats a bunch of bull.........law is they HAVE to prove that the aftermarket part caused the damage. they cant just slap a NO WARRANTY sticker on your car and call it a day

· Registered
2,426 Posts
When i brought mine to Lexus as I ahve some friends that work there and on my car....I ripped the HKS BOV right in the service bay...about 5 people ran outside to see my (at the time stock exterior) lil is300 sitting quiet...they had about 20 people looking in my motor bay and they never once talked to me bout my warranty....
-Matt

· Premium Member
11,736 Posts
Round 568

www.sema.org

i should save the link, because im too lazy at 6:41 am to look it up

here is a brief rundown as stated before

The dealer and manu have to prove that the item on the car caused the failure of the part in question.. So if your AC stops working they cannot just say its because you have a SC, they have to prove that the SC caused ur AC to stop working. If it is proved that the SC caused the AC to stop working then the parts broken and labor are not covered under warranty, IE not the whole warranty is gone, just parts and labor on the broken items!!

hope this helps.

GOT DOTS?

good gimme some

David

· Registered
4,579 Posts
is300soon said:
Round 568

www.sema.org

i should save the link, because im too lazy at 6:41 am to look it up

here is a brief rundown as stated before

The dealer and manu have to prove that the item on the car caused the failure of the part in question.. So if your AC stops working they cannot just say its because you have a SC, they have to prove that the SC caused ur AC to stop working. If it is proved that the SC caused the AC to stop working then the parts broken and labor are not covered under warranty, IE not the whole warranty is gone, just parts and labor on the broken items!!

hope this helps.

GOT DOTS?

good gimme some

David
Better bring a lawyer with you to the service desk, because I have the feeling that you would need it.

On the bright side Lexus/Toyotas are reliable and shouldn't break often. :lol:

· Mr. Negative
12,010 Posts
all of you f/i guys. Make friends w/ the service dept. at your dealer and find a cool tech and make friends with him as well. NEVER go through the service advisors!!! Never, never, never!!! They are the only people who don't know squat about the cars(9 times out of 10) and who will be an ass. All the techs and service people will love it and won't give you shit. They may not want to work on certain things, but you should know what you can ask for and what you can't. If you detonate your 5spd you should know better than ask for help, but most things are cool.

just a little free advice, take it or leave it.

· Registered
1,434 Posts
IS_Dude said:
all of you f/i guys. Make friends w/ the service dept. at your dealer and find a cool tech and make friends with him as well. NEVER go through the service advisors!!! Never, never, never!!! They are the only people who don't know squat about the cars(9 times out of 10) and who will be an ass. All the techs and service people will love it and won't give you sh*t. They may not want to work on certain things, but you should know what you can ask for and what you can't. If you detonate your 5spd you should know better than ask for help, but most things are cool.

Yeah...what he said!!

Actually I had the day off yesterday and I had to stop at the Lexus dealership for a little part...to make a long story short I am kinda buddy, buddy with one of the parts guys and knew he would get a kick out of the S/C so I told him to come out and have a look at my car.
He was :p :p and as we were shooting the sh*t I said "Well this baby blew my warrenty out the window but it is well worth it". He looked at me and said " Hey no worries with the warrenty, come see me for anything you need. I can make alot happen"
So it is worth it to make friends at the dealership.

· Registered
1,401 Posts
is300hottie said:
IS_Dude said:
all of you f/i guys. Make friends w/ the service dept. at your dealer and find a cool tech and make friends with him as well. NEVER go through the service advisors!!! Never, never, never!!! They are the only people who don't know squat about the cars(9 times out of 10) and who will be an ass. All the techs and service people will love it and won't give you sh*t. They may not want to work on certain things, but you should know what you can ask for and what you can't. If you detonate your 5spd you should know better than ask for help, but most things are cool.

Yeah...what he said!!

Actually I had the day off yesterday and I had to stop at the Lexus dealership for a little part...to make a long story short I am kinda buddy, buddy with one of the parts guys and knew he would get a kick out of the S/C so I told him to come out and have a look at my car.
He was :p :p and as we were shooting the sh*t I said "Well this baby blew my warrenty out the window but it is well worth it". He looked at me and said " Hey no worries with the warrenty, come see me for anything you need. I can make alot happen"
Hmm, I better have my wife take my car if I need to get anything done at the dealership :D A pretty face makes the guys go gaga and a pretty face in a FI car will make them go :p :wink:

· Registered
11,917 Posts
thats cause you're a girl!

if i had tits and a vagina, i could probably even get my car serviced under warranty!

is300hottie said:
IS_Dude said:

Yeah...what he said!!

:lol:

· Not Officially Back
12,292 Posts
is300hottie said:
IS_Dude said:

Yeah...what he said!!

Baahaha.

Maybe I can find a gay service tech. :eek: :lol:

· Registered
249 Posts
IS_Dude said:

I resent that last statement. I was a service advisor for years and happen to know quite a bit about cars. :pissed:

As far as warranty concerns, they do have to prove that the aftermarket part or parts caused the failure. I would take it to another dealer for now on if you have any concerns.

· Registered
701 Posts
GTE has a point, hottie! :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

IS300GTE said:
thats cause you're a girl!

if i had tits and a vagina, i could probably even get my car serviced under warranty!

is300hottie said:
IS_Dude said:

Yeah...what he said!!

:lol:

· Mr. Negative
12,010 Posts
resent it all you like, it's accurate. Aparently you didn't read the whole statement. Here I'll quote it for you and highlight the part that might apply to you.

"NEVER go through the service advisors!!! Never, never, never!!! They are the only people who don't know squat about the cars(9 times out of 10)"

jzak423 said:
IS_Dude said:

I resent that last statement. I was a service advisor for years and happen to know quite a bit about cars. :pissed:

As far as warranty concerns, they do have to prove that the aftermarket part or parts caused the failure. I would take it to another dealer for now on if you have any concerns.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.