Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only Carsdirect mentions this. Can't confirm this elsewhere.

Similar to 2003 sport design except Euro tuned suspension and titianium finish trim. Well, I cut and paste the following below.

Leather Seat Trim .
• 8-Way Power Driver & Passenger Seats .
• Driver's Seat Memory .
• Power Tilt/Slide Moonroof w/Sunshade .
• HomeLink Wireless Control System .
• Euro Tuned Suspension .
• Unique SportDesign Grille .
• Black Pearl Emblems .
• Includes titanium finish headlamps, fog lamps and tail lamps, SportDesign tail pipe diffuser, SportDesign badge on front fender and SportDesign carpeted floor mats with logo..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,524 Posts
2004 models are out already....NO sportdesign....2003 special edition only, thats over a year old news :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think this isn't 03 carry over. Carsdirect just added this within the last 2 days. And they are very well updated on latest mfr. news. Maybe a mid 04 release from Lexus.

Note that on 04 sport design the finish on the lenses are titanium compared to black chrome on 03 sport design and regular 04s. Looks like a new package from Lexus that has not been offically announced yet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,844 Posts
no

please read up on Lexus and the badgin for Sport Design and Ltuned versions.

they will NOT be adding a 2004 sport design
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are you saying Carsdirect is smoking something?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,353 Posts
SilverF16 said:
I think this isn't 03 carry over. Carsdirect just added this within the last 2 days. And they are very well updated on latest mfr. news. Maybe a mid 04 release from Lexus.

Note that on 04 sport design the finish on the lenses are titanium compared to black chrome on 03 sport design and regular 04s. Looks like a new package from Lexus that has not been offically announced yet.
just FYI, the finish on the 2003 SDs are NOT the same as the regular '04s. SDs are more purplish-grey, while '04s are darker. also, i was told by a lexus dealer that each year they select certain models for the sportdesign feature. in 2003, it was the IS and GS. so if they're correct, lexus would not be making another IS SportDesign two years in a row. BUT i have seen some new TCM SDs (w/o the spoiler) recently around the South Bay area, where lexus & toyota headqtrs are located (& both cars had the lexus corp license plate frame), so who knows? maybe they can be specially-ordered? :roll: i don't think they're mass produced though...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
16,597 Posts
thundercloud080903 said:
Also, I was told by a lexus dealer that each year they select certain models for the sportdesign feature. in 2003, it was the IS and GS. so if they're correct, lexus would not be making another IS SportDesign two years in a row. BUT i have seen some new TCM SDs (w/o the spoiler) recently around the South Bay area, where lexus & toyota headqtrs are located (& both cars had the lexus corp license plate frame), so who knows?
SportDesign versions of the GS were available as both 2002s AND 2003s, so it seems entirely logical that there WILL be a 2004 SportDesign IS. SilverF16 says he read the 2004 IS SportDesign info on CarsDirect, and Jrock noticed the same thing on the Kelley Blue Book (kbb.com) website. Here's his recent thread:
http://www.is300.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=13371790

IMHO, where there's smoke, there's fire, and that the 2004 IS SportDesign announcement will come on Tuesday, January 6, at the Lexus press conference at the Detroit Auto Show. It'll probably be lost & buried, though, amidst the fuss & hoopla over the RX Hybrid & 3rd-generation GS which will be announced then. Another possible announcement site for the IS SD is February's Chicago Auto Show.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,353 Posts
jruhi4 said:
thundercloud080903 said:
Also, I was told by a lexus dealer that each year they select certain models for the sportdesign feature. in 2003, it was the IS and GS. so if they're correct, lexus would not be making another IS SportDesign two years in a row. BUT i have seen some new TCM SDs (w/o the spoiler) recently around the South Bay area, where lexus & toyota headqtrs are located (& both cars had the lexus corp license plate frame), so who knows?
SportDesign versions of the GS were available as 2002s AND 2003s, so it seems entirely logical that there WILL be a 2004 SportDesign IS. SilverF16 says he read the 2004 IS SportDesign info on CarsDirect, but I could've sworn someone else recently said they'd read about this on Edmunds.com as well. IMHO, where there's smoke, there's fire, and that the 2004 IS SportDesign announcement will come on Tuesday, January 6, at the Lexus press conference at the Detroit Auto Show. It'll probably be lost & buried, though, amidst the fuss & hoopla over the RX Hybrid & 3rd-generation GS which will be announced then. Another possible announcement site for the IS SD is February's Chicago Auto Show.
well, then i guess that dealer was wrong!! he was trying to convince me that the SD was worth the extra money he wanted for it! :lol: luckily, i found another dealer & got a great deal on mine. :wink: thanks for the info, J! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,524 Posts
its entirely possible they will have a 2004 sportdesign model right before releasing the 2005.....similar to that of the 2003 sportdesign right before the 2004....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,187 Posts
tsopranoMB said:
its entirely possible they will have a 2004 sportdesign model right before releasing the 2005.....similar to that of the 2003 sportdesign right before the 2004....
changing your opinion now? heheh
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
457 Posts
OMG :boring: :boring: :boring: :boring:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,043 Posts
If the titanium heads and fogs are like the titanium heads on the GS sportdesign, that sounds pretty sexy. We will see.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,235 Posts
IS-300-Rulez said:
tsopranoMB said:
its entirely possible they will have a 2004 sportdesign model right before releasing the 2005.....similar to that of the 2003 sportdesign right before the 2004....
changing your opinion now? heheh
:lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,524 Posts
baadhabit said:
IS-300-Rulez said:
tsopranoMB said:
its entirely possible they will have a 2004 sportdesign model right before releasing the 2005.....similar to that of the 2003 sportdesign right before the 2004....
changing your opinion now? heheh
:lol:
well, my dealership, warnock lexus, the parts dept said that their computers show L-Tuned parts becoming available thru the dealers for 2004/05 models...so I dunno....

nothing makes sense, cuz no offical word from Lexus yet, all the rumor sites are usually wrong or the info is just jumbled.... :crazy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,553 Posts
damn, I dont feel as special anymore. Oh well, theres no more GGP SportDesigns :D . That Alabaster looks kinda nasty, and smoke interior = Ash interior. So, pretty much the same except for "20 percent higher dampening rate and a thicker rear stabilizer bar". Same everything else.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,524 Posts
GraphiteSportDesign said:
damn, I dont feel as special anymore. Oh well, theres no more GGP SportDesigns :D . That Alabaster looks kinda nasty, and smoke interior = Ash interior. So, pretty much the same except for "20 percent higher dampening rate and a thicker rear stabilizer bar". Same everything else.
you have a very unique model....definatly have never see another of ur combination before... :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,540 Posts
GraphiteSportDesign said:
damn, I dont feel as special anymore. Oh well, theres no more GGP SportDesigns :D . That Alabaster looks kinda nasty, and smoke interior = Ash interior. So, pretty much the same except for "20 percent higher dampening rate and a thicker rear stabilizer bar". Same everything else.
All 5 speeds always had that anyways
 
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Top