Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My upgrades are finally finished... I picked up the car on the 23rd and have had no problems with it... Here are some details...

2001 Eshift
GT35R ball bearing turbo
Toyomoto ceramic coated manifold
Racegate
Godzilla BOV
3" downpipe (no cat)
3" PFS cat back exhaust
PFS spec. intercooler
Custom IC piping 2.5"
HKS 272 cams
HKS cam gears
GTE internals
Boost Cooler stage 2 water/alcohol injection
100 Shot nitrous (not currently used, but will be soon)
Electromotive TEC-3 standalone
PFS Built auto trans
Precision torque convertor
twin walbro fuel pumps
etc...

Daily driven setup is currently at 20 psi, 478.8 rwhp, 412.2 rwtq
93 octane with water injection (20 below fluid)
C-16 setup, 26psi, 561.4 rwhp, 554.8 rwtq
I will finish the nitrous install once a few parts arrive and I speak with Ray about timing, etc... Pics...

Attachments

Reactions: VP500

·
Registered
23,822 Posts
Waiting for someone to ask where the water cooling hose is :rolleyes:

Nice car, I'm jealous. Holy God those are some nice numbers. Any chance you're going to any meets soon? We Floridians would love to see that car in action!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I may attend a meet if there is one nearby... I have been really busy lately with my business, hopefully I will get some time to play soon.
I now have some traction issues and am in desperate need of brakes, so I am ordering some new rotors, pads, having my back fenders rolled and hopefully I can fit some 255/35/18's in the rear on my manarays...

·
Premium Member
10,234 Posts
Diabolic Serenity said:
20psi seems high, I am not to sure if it is high for an IS300 though. So whats the reliablity with it running 20psi daily driven?
20psi with a lowered compression isn't high. Did u use to drive a Honda/Acura before?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm running water/alcohol injection... I can safely run the extra psi with no detonation... Normally a built is (GTE) with lower compression can safely run 17-18psi... With water/alcohol injection you can get 20-22psi. I can run 21 psi, no problem. Water injection is like a "band aid" for the poor octane ratings in pump gas. Not nearly as good as c-16 though. I gained 28+rwhp using this setup

·
Premium Member
10,234 Posts
1yellowturbois said:
I'm running water/alcohol injection... I can safely run the extra psi with no detonation... Normally a built is (GTE) with lower compression can safely run 17-18psi... With water/alcohol injection you can get 20-22psi. I can run 21 psi, no problem. Water injection is like a "band aid" for the poor octane ratings in pump gas. Not nearly as good as c-16 though. I gained 28+rwhp using this setup
you can run 18-22 psi on a Supra TT safely. I was running 18.5 psi when I had my MKIV, daily.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
i dont get it..i thought our cars only used one cam gear..sorry i dunno bout this stuff...

-Aaron

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
niceeeee =D

Godzilla bov huh?

does that thing make all the asian people run for their life when they hear it roar?

·
Registered
23,822 Posts
onyxaltezza said:
i dont get it..i thought our cars only used one cam gear..sorry i dunno bout this stuff...

-Aaron
Exhaust...Intake.

·
Premium Member
10,234 Posts
onyxaltezza said:

-Aaron
Aaron our car has two camshaft=two cam gears. Our car utilizes a VVT-i ( I standing for Intake). In turn we are only able to change cam gear for the exhaust since it does not have a solenoid for variable valve timing. Only the intake side varies, hence there is a solenoid.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The BOV is loud as hell... I love it. I am thinking about getting the polished horn that turbonetics makes for it, but I don't think it will fit.
Generally, you only use one cam gear for a car with stock cams or only a exhaust cam. The other gear is for vvti

I am now running a standalone, no vvti and HKS272 cams on intake and exhaust, so two cam wheels are used.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Eminence said:
Our car utilizes a VVT-i ( I standing for Intake).
not to be an ass or anything, but i think the "i" stands for intelligence

·
Registered
67 Posts
wenger828 said:
not to be an ass or anything, but i think the "i" stands for intelligence
^werd

·
Mr. Negative
12,388 Posts
that's excellent power from an auto man w/ that turbo. congrats and enjoy.

now your next upgrade will be a turbo that can flow some more air and you'll be good to go. gt35 is nice, but just runs out of gas fast.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts