Lexus IS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Mr.NY... It appears you should have spent less time in a garage, and more time in an English class. You are truley ignorant. It is attitudes like yours that cosign my decision not to buy the IS300.
Blaming N.Y. for you ignorance really isn't fair.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
hey, give him sometime

I used to talk like that 7 years ago.
oh well.. maybe not that bad.. but close

anyway, I think he's just saying that IS300 should be compared to 325 & 330i & A4 rather than CL-S or M3
I actually dont' mind you comparing IS300 to m3.. it makes my IS300 seems more superior than 330i

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Geoff's okay with me. He's usually not offensive, and makes the forum interesting. But some others like VR6 (drivin a sissy VW - dude, VWs are for chicks) are downright stupid. They dont' know jack about the IS, and merely say **** to put the IS down.
I actually drove a CL-S before I bought the IS. There's no denying that it's a great car, and an even better value for about $30K.
If only it was a bit smaller on the outside, had somewhat better handling, and rwd, I would've bought one. But for now, I enjoy my IS - which I bought after a month of test driving cars in its class.
Like G said, to each man his own...so enjoy whatever it is that you drive, and try to be civil on the forum. That's all I have to say.

black/ivory
17"

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I will not take the time to apologies for typoes or grammer. I was trying to get these posts out ASAP, as I have work to do. To the moron that say the vette does 12.5 the comparison BMW was aiming for was to be able to have a M3 go as fast as a 2001 coupe which according to GM runs 0-60 4.5( manual) 1/4 13.2 @ 109,@5600rpm mind you that GM's coup is 200+ pounds lighter the the M3( New) and 20+ hp,2,000+cc larger displacement. That all told BMW [email protected] Chevy 13.2 my appluads go to the bimmer for that one. To the enthusiatist that says so much for the older M3, dude i like the car i never compared it to the M3. Someone in the forum claimed to have one.I just point out that my cousin has a Audi S4 with a stage two hoppen kit on it, that would be a fair race for a m3. In comparison to him dissing a IS which is clearly not in the same class as a M3 which ever year you picked. Also for your awards statement, okay the bimmer is sick( they did however ger rocked at LEMANS by AUDI, but that another arguemenr), but wasn't the S4 the car the knocked the old king off it's conquest of the euro market. The new M3 will beat a S4 in stock form I give you that. The statements I make are only geared to people that make these insane comparisons with cars that are not even in the same class. The CL-S is a really great car. If you buy one I am sure you will love it. I think that its bland looking and from certain views resembles alot of other cars, cars in a lesser class.It also has 40+ hp from the factory. It runs 15.2 which is pretty close to the Is300 number considering the power difference. I give the Acura the performance edge even with that said. I feel a person is allowed an opinion, and i voiced mine. I have yet to see one person( non IS300 owner) make an educated statement regarding owning a IS. hearing its overpriced it has cheap leather looks like a corrola makes me die laugh. The BMW 330 start at the same price I got my IS300 for, add 3,850 for the premium package( includes leather) and a few other options and it will hit 40k, almost 6k more then I paid for my IS is it sooooo much faster then a IS considering the evaluation I seen on the car were a stick version.(14.8 for stick keeping in mind friction lose in an automatic form, I would assume a low 15 run on a auto version maybe 15.2. Although this is only speculation) I think it really is not that much faster( saying that considering the IS300 is an Auto usually testing on cars is performed on cars of equal, if not close too parts. Rarly have i seen sub compacts in auto forms tested against stick forms from another manufactorer( This is only on euro models, and what ever comparions or test I have seen on the IS or Toyota altezza as I do not keep up with acura/honda info). Waiting to see what the stick version of the IS300 will do, but by that time I hope to have my performance issues cleared up.To the guy that that changed his mind for buying a IS, dude your a idiot. If you like the car buy it. I love mine I dont care what anyone says.
I would like to clear this up also, the Motorsport division of BMW makes great innovative cars. I mentioned the 2nd gen M3 becuase it was not as innovative as products M has introduced. The older M3 with its 4 cyl, with 190hp (a great high reving motor). The 2nd gen was a 240hp and redlined at 6200 rpm( only a few more horses then the 328). The new one redlines at 8,000 rpm and has some 100+ hp from the 330, are your little minds getting the point i am making. The emissions could have been done(You where stupid for saying that with the money BMW spends on R&D, you really think its wasnt possible or to cost prohibative to produce the euro model for US). The Euro version was not sent to the US because it would have cost 55k( even a slightly less tuned model would have been nicer then the 70hp less which was sent to the US) and Bimmer heads felt American's would not buy it. End of story on why it was not sent here. The emission report was from an old article of road and track, i read the same article in

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Dude you are the freakin moron, You are taking speculation as fact on the new M3, from what I have heard it is substantially heavier than a Vette and in all likliehood is slower. People who buy M3's don't take them to the dragstrip while Vette owners do so quite frequently. I think the new M3 will be fantastic, but it will not match the ZO6 Corvette in performance, 0-60, 1/4, may be close on a track but that will have to be seen. I think it may be closer to a stock coupe but still not as quick and again the track will be the test, and there is a 10k price difference.

As far as non-owners raggin on the IS, again you are wrong, there are definetly flamers who you obviously have been suckered by, but there are several who agree the IS is pretty good package.

But we accept your ignorance and will certainly work to enlighten you.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
again you're a ****ing idiot. the new m3 dosent' have a v8 moron, it's an I6. and just because the e36(it's not called a2nd gen okay? if you know so much about bmw why dont' you call it by it's proper name) doesn' thave an M engine doesn't make it any less of a car. and FYI, i did not try to compare the two cars, you were sitting over there trying to call the m3 weaka nd a show pony when your car is no better. and what, you had a VW and an explorer before? am i supposed to be impressed? now if you had previously owned an rx7 or a supra i'd say okay you know your ****. but everything you've posted is always bordering on idiocy. just so you know, the e36 is described as more refined whereas the previous M was more of a "true race car" for its time.

·
Registered
12 Posts
.[To the guy that that changed his mind for buying a IS, dude your a idiot. If you like the car buy it. I love mine I dont care what anyone says.]

Yup I'm an idiot... took the IS300 for a test drive, the back bottomed out more than once so I didn't buy it. Why? Cause I didn't like it.
If I did buy the IS300 I would be embarrased to have you representing this car.

Have a nice day Mr. NY MORON

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Talkin tou your people is like talking to a wall. I dont have an explorer by the way. It would help if you read what I actually listed. So if i owned a supra i would now my **** ok guy your the genius with the remarks i made i listed facts to why i came tho those conclusion and the M3 is a 3 generation( meaning there are three redisgns, I simplified by listing which generation I was talking about) car all is a E36 or whatever you want.The new M3 is a V8 you freaking retards 333hp V8. I have yet to bottom out the IS and I also did not bottom out my VR6 with a three inch drop so where they hell are you drivin the car for a test drive. BMW heads did intend on designing a M3 with the performance levels of a corvette coupe for thier M3 sedan. The guy that says the M3 isnt a 1/4 track car well gezzzzzz sorry if the new M3 is toooo slow for you I didnt think it was. I would be more then happy takin that car to the track. If I am sooo dumb prove me wrong with facts not your personal opinions because they mean nothing. I will be scanning a BMW report which states the reason for the comparison to the corvette. It does not however say its design was solely for compition too corvette sales. It does however state BMW currnet interest in development of other V8 powered M models. I can only guess why. I never claimed the IS300 was the perfect car. I am however impressed by Toyotas design and future development of the IS class. From my research a convertable model is on the design boards aswell is all terrian( like the audi all terrian seen drawing of the IS one, actually not that bad looking)I again state I never compared the M cars to the IS. It was retards in here( non Is300 owners mind you) that say i did. I would compare the IS300 to a audi A4 2.8 or 1.8l and the BMW 323 thats about all I would compare it too. I again state that all my information is proven and all yours is opinion so unless you can make more then uneducated claims please stop wastin my time with the need to respond to idiots with nothing else to do but pick at everything i say and change it sooo it would seem I menat something else. If you think you know sooooooo much fine.I let you raom around in your self proclaimed fantasies of granduer. I leave you with this comment take it how you like. Anything you can doooo, I can dooo better!!!!!! lolololololol

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
correction I6 is correct I apologies. i jumped the gun on that one. Thinking M5 for some reason( was talkin to my friend on Motorsports while writting and got caught up into M motors).Actually my friend has the 1991 with the 315 hp striaght 6 so my mind is wondering the BMW arsenal. The correction stands and I apologies for the mix up.

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
you bash on german's engineering...what you dont realize is your car is in the class that BMW invented...you say 240hp is weak? well lets just say it runs a 14.1 compared to the IS300's 15.5...and the handling of an m3 will thrash right thru an IS300. if you compare the two cars, why dont you compare the same years? '01 vs. '01. geez, i wonder which will whooop which's ass. exactly. i bought an m3 because i like its styling and capabilities. you try to bash people here, why dont you go on an M3 forum and try to say something like you just did. and you speak of TRD Supercharged IS300...dont make me laugh, because AA's turbod m3 pushes out about [email protected] easly slap down low 12s in the 1320...i dont even know why you started bitching in the first place. youre a ****ing idiot! the new m3 is not a v8..its a 3.2L inline-6 DOHC aluminum block and head. also, the new m3 is built compete with audi's quattro..it is said to be just as good or better even tho it is a RWD car. because of the DSC. and i dont think ive EVER heard a bashing about the M3..since its retirement (E36)..alot of car magazine commment on it beign a "classic".

·
Registered
12 Posts
Mr. NY MORON.. I thought you were done here.
First off I never asked about your riced out VW. I simply explained the IS300 bottomed out on me,and that is why I didn't like it. I can see how that is so hard for you to understand. It is obvious by your posts you have a very limited capacity.

M3 w/ a V8........... Lay off the crack bro

·
Registered
258 Posts
YES the IS300 is a good car.

NO the IS300 isnt a better performer than ANY M3.

YES bashers are annoying.

YES you are as annoying as they are.

And I'm sorry, but no one who writes and uses the lingo you can will be shopping for a CL500 when the wife is out of "school". Either you're a drug dealer, you have a wad of daddy's cash, or you're full of it. I'm betting on the latter.

Now if I were you I'd take my "phat", "tight", "bitchin" self down to the local community college and learn how to express myself effectively.

------------------
Stephen Withrow
[email protected]

98 Lexus LS400
97 Ford Explorer Limited

[This message has been edited by Stephen (edited November 10, 2000).]

21 - 40 of 58 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.