Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've heard all those rumors about 02' IS, you know, 6-speed, station wagon, navi systems.....Just talked to some of my dealer friends today, they said it's confirmed that all these rumors won't happen. Only a few extra options will, such as all auto-powered windows, or may be navi systems. I don't know, they might just be saying it in order to stop people from waiting for 02'. Can never trust these dealer guys.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
5-speed, wagon, and most likely NAV will happen for sure and you can see them in the Detroit Autoshow and most likely the LA auto show as well. They are just trying to get people to buy the car now as most salesman pretend they don't know anything about next year's model.

·
Registered
110 Posts
True that! I've talked to 3 of them dealers from different dealerships a couple weeks ago and they all said the same thing. One of them even asked me if I'm waiting for next year's. HA!

Originally posted by Daniel:
5-speed, wagon, and most likely NAV will happen for sure and you can see them in the Detroit Autoshow and most likely the LA auto show as well. They are just trying to get people to buy the car now as most salesman pretend they don't know anything about next year's model.

------------------
Anxiously waitin' for my manual '02 GGP...

·
Premium Member
8,072 Posts
Dealers are the last to know these things, thanks to the internet. Trust me, IS300.net will know long before dealers. But Lexus has already said it's a 5 speed, not 6, but wagon and Nav should be available, Lexus already said they were.

Originally posted by cyclops:
We've heard all those rumors about 02' IS, you know, 6-speed, station wagon, navi systems.....Just talked to some of my dealer friends today, they said it's confirmed that all these rumors won't happen. Only a few extra options will, such as all auto-powered windows, or may be navi systems. I don't know, they might just be saying it in order to stop people from waiting for 02'. Can never trust these dealer guys.

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
actually, everything that you said has been confirmed as a go, per lexus, except the manual trans will be a 5 speed, not a 6.

------------------
"the gene pool could
use some chlorine!"
"http://www.shitonhonda.com"-Funny Site!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.