Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I'm in SC and in my car most of the day for my job. I don't even want to work right now because I swear I've lost 10 lbs just from sweating in that rotisserie oven and I don't have time to let my car sit at Lexus and I'm tired of paying people $120/hr to not find the problem but seemingly create others. My Heat is stuck on. My screen isn't frozen there's nothing on it at all. I have tried like everything and 5 mechanics. I've read all of the forums and I'm still cooking every stinking day. FINALLY I came across a guy in Germany who has given me a sliver of hope. I replaced the touchscreen, nothing. If you have no pic at all apparently this step doesn't fix it. So now that I've wasted that money, he tells me if there is no pic at all it's the motherboard. All electrical issues ground somewhere and if you are having this issue, the only place I've found the part other than Lexus is on Ebay. I've ordered this and am praying that it works. My only concern about it is that my headlights have also started turning off by themselves. I am married to a nuclear electrician who has tested everything and can't find it. Could the motherboard have a short and cause my headlights to short also or is there a short somewhere else and that is where it's grounding now? I hope it's the first one.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
I haven't seen the 3rd gen IS fuse panel, but is there an HVAC fan fuse you can pull until you find the problem? If there is, at least you won't have hot air blowing through the vents.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts