Lexus IS Forum banner

81 - 100 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #82 (Edited)
Well, here's what I ended up with. I'm happy.

They're the OEM 19's with the barrels and windows (everything thats a darker silver, stock) powder coated DuPont "PAC Black".

They aren't perfect, but I sort of knew what to expect.

Now I have to go buy replacement ///M emblems (that's the only one that made it through) for flipping 7 bucks a pop.

·
Registered
8,794 Posts
They're the OEM 19's with the barrels and windows (everything thats a darker silver, stock) powder coated DuPont "PAC Black".

They aren't perfect, but I sort of knew what to expect.

Now I have to go buy replacement ///M emblems (that's the only one that made it through) for flipping 7 bucks a pop.

Which begs the question: How much $$$? I will reserve judgement until then.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
The coating cost me $85 a wheel. He went in to how powder is very light and even if you tape it off when you shoot it with powder (which he did), the powder can drift when the heater/blower kicks on in the oven.

We agreed that he would do them in all black free of charge (which was what I had thought of doing from the start) if they turned out funky. They turned out funky. I'm going to clean them up and see what they look like. Some of the marks are actually curb rash, as I bought the wheels used.

They look a lot better without the flash (but it was dark out), and even better when the pictures are too small to see all the imperfections :).

As for the wheels themselves, I paid $1000 for the set.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Wheels Mounted

Rainy houston day :( Going to take some better pics when the sun allows.

·
Banned
12,268 Posts
Looks good. Any plans for some springs? (H&R + 15mm spacers make it look perfect with stock 19s)

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Looks good. Any plans for some springs? (H&R + 15mm spacers make it look perfect with stock 19s)
spacers, maybe. Springs, probably not. I don't have a good reason for why i don't want to, though ;).

I'm going to try to go the next 12 months without another mod. We'll see... I really want the Dinan exhaust ;)

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Sorry to bump this old thread, but want your input:

Project 808's M3, "Devastator" has been my favorite M3 to date... and I've slowly been trying to take little pieces and do similar things to my own car.

Today, they put their tails up for sale:

I want. I'm first in line. Its a good price. Should I do it???

Thanks, and hurry up. gotta give him an answer by morning :):)

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
spacers, maybe. Springs, probably not. I don't have a good reason for why i don't want to, though ;).

I'm going to try to go the next 12 months without another mod.
We'll see... I really want the Dinan exhaust ;)
I want. I'm first in line. Its a good price. Should I do it???

Thanks, and hurry up. gotta give him an answer by morning :):)

yes. . .

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
Yeah, I was aware that I was posting that directly below my post stating I wasn't modding anymore...

Oops. That exhaust is on the way, too... lol.

I bought the tails, he has to wait for the LCIs (LEDs) to come in, so they wont ship for a few days. Now I have to figure out how to install them :)

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Got a chance to clean up the car, and a local friend and m3post member was kind enough to take some shots after cars and coffee this weekend. Big thanks to Frank. His white M3 is in some of the pictures.

Criticism welcome ;)

·
Registered
11,025 Posts
I would have blacked out the white part of the tail lights rather then red. Other than that, nice.

81 - 100 of 135 Posts