Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post but i've been reading this forum a long time ago. Well here's the story, I've wrecked my car yesterday while driving home from Charlotte in NC. It was snowing and sleeting at the same time and I was going 55 mph. It was ok at first but when I changed lane, the car just went crazy. Did a 360 twice and end up in the ditch :x . No body damage at first untile the f**king tow truck f**k up my front bumper (he didn't hook it up well and the hook got loose and tore up the front bumper :pissed: ) . I made him paid me $250 bucks for it and the towing fee was free. He agreed (I guessed he dindn't want to deal with it). By the way the $250 bucks was for my comprehensive deductible. Don't know what's wrong with the car yet because the weather in NC is really really bad right now. Some part of NC doesn't even have any power right now which sucks big time. What should I do guys? Will my insurance premium go up or not if I let them take care of it? I know it's gonna be more than $1000 to fix my baby. I'm gonna take to Lexus and let them check everything and get an estimated then give it to the insurance so that they can take care of it and all I have to pay is the $250 deductable. My big question is will my insurance premium go up or not? Thanx for all the input.

PS I know, I know.....That is one long @$$ paragraph. Sorry...

·
Registered
469 Posts
Yeah, unfortunately I think your premium will go up. It doesn't seem to matter where the fault lies. Kinda makes you wonder why you pay for insurance to begin with. :pissed:

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
if it goes up it won't be that bad. I had to make a claim after i lost control and drove over a curb and jacked up my suspension and a couple of wheels. The collision part of my premium goes up 15% for 3 years, but it will only cost me about $80 a year more. I don't know if your comprehensive will go up if you file a claim under it. good luck

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
With my accident in my old car my premium did not go up. Situation was this........I was going around a corner lost control and slammed into a Suburban. There is no way it wasn't my fault, but since it was icy and snowing I was able to appeal the increase due to the weather. It cost me $25 and I had to have an interview to explain what happened. This is my personal experience. You have to check the insurance laws in NC you should have similar provisions.........peace

·
Registered
2 Posts
i feel your pain....mine was parked across the street and some big @ss SUV ran right into it....totally smashed in all the front and will take over a month to fix :cry:

·
Registered
865 Posts
should have gotten more from the tow truck driver, then if the body damage was minimal, you could might not have to get insurance to cover it. == No insurance hike.

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
When you make a claim, your premium goes up. Thats the way it works, since you are now considered a higher risk.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Sorry to hear about that...

Get an estimate of the repair cost and then get a quote from your insurance company on what the increase would be... Then make your decision...

·
Registered
683 Posts
when i got in an accident with my old car, mine didnt go up since there wasnt any damage to the other car...i just had to pay my ded. and thats it.

call your insurance company up and ask them straight forward.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Altezza Impressions, I know how you feel. I was leaving Uptown the first day it iced and the back end started to slide. Luckly I got it back under control before I hit the two cars next to me. Thursday morning it was so bad I couldn't even get my IS out of the drive way. Good thing the Celica is FWD. Good luck with the insurance company.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
12 Participants
Drunken_Style
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing