Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this before,and got no responce,ive seen about 4 IS's total in my area,just wondering if anyone who has one reads this board or if any other people have um who i havent seen and are in Atlanta, thanks cole

**this time marks the email notification

·
Registered
341 Posts
Mario,

Doesn't seem like there's half as many ISs here in Atlanta as their are in SoCal. I've only seen maybe 5 in the last 6 months too.

I know of at least one other besides myself here in ATL, donerb is his name on this board. He lives in Brookhaven. I've been chatting with him via email. He already has a black one he got from JM Lexus.

My wife and I are about two weeks away from buying an IS. I'm out in Lawrenceville. Where are you? Did you buy one here in the Hotlanta area?

·
Registered
631 Posts
I've seen a couple in the last month (a silver and a dark blue). I'll be picking mine up Tuesday or Wednesday of next week from Hennesy - a nice Solar Yellow.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey guys, I am in Norcross,its over in Gwinnett, I got mine from Hennessy Lexus of Gwinnett, a solar yellow ,ive seen a silver one around gwinnett mall and then an the blue one pulling into my neighborhood,any of yall interested in getting your friends with them and others to start an IS club?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Sacremon,

Was this Hennesy of Gwinnett as well? I was there last week for a test drive. How long did your order take, and would you mind telling me what you payed?

·
Registered
631 Posts
It was the Hennessy on Peachtree Industrial. The car had been on their lot for a bit (at least December, as it was used in some ad for the IS300 at Xmas time).

Moonroof, cargo mat, wheel locks as options (i.e. cloth interior), and Sam's club member (they don't have a signed agreement with Sam's, but will offer good deals): $29.8K.

·
Registered
341 Posts
At this point I'm thinking about 2.5% over invoice, bringing a loaded IS to right around 32K. Did it take much haggling Mario?

[This message has been edited by Kompressor (edited January 21, 2001).]

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nope,i know the owner up there,he got me a good deal on it,loaded with 17in graphite rims,solar yellow,sunroof,lsd,leather,heated seats,etc. etc..he even got me a spoiler,life is good at hennessy

·
Registered
631 Posts
So what you're saying, Mario1235, is not to expect the deal that you got
. I've seen the spoiler on ebay, but I figure I don't need to attract the cops' attention even more.

On a different topic: What are you using for tires? I'm thinking of replacing the stock with Pirreli P7000's, if nothing else so that I'm not replacing tires every year.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i have standard everything,except for the audio system and i lowered the car and tinted windows,the rest is history

·
Registered
341 Posts
Hmmm..I would think if you knew the owner, you'd get a better deal than that. How long did it take to arrive, or was it on the lot Mario?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
it wasnt that bad,since they did the tinting and lowering for me,so the only aftermarket thing that i paid for was the audio system,it wasnt on the lot and he had to order it,it took 9 days to get it.

·
Registered
341 Posts
9 days isn't so bad. I may give them a try, but I'm gonna take a shot at JM Lexus in Fl and a couple other via email first. Thanks for the info.

I'm not sure I'm interested in starting a club, but wouldn't mind meeting the rest of Atlanta owners at an event of some kind. Malibu racing perhaps? Or that drag racing place up 75? Just a thought....although it seems we may have a tough time getting a crowd.

Where's all our ATL owners?

·
Registered
631 Posts
Kompressor, is there a particular reason why you're aiming at 2.5% over invoice? From what I've read, there is a lot of regional variation in how much dealers are letting IS300's go for. It seems in TX they are going for invoice, and in SoCal the dealers are asking (and getting) MSRP.

I spoke with a dealer at Nalley's and told him of the offer from Hennessy. He said he would match it, but he really didn't sound happy about it. In fact, he assumed that the 29.8K didn't include some $187 fee that they all charge. It turned out that it did (so I guess you could say I got an offer of 29.6K). The claim from Nalley was that Hennessy wouldn't give me as much as they would for my trade-in (a '96 Contour SE w/ 110K miles). I got the car appraised at CarMax, and indeed Hennessy offered $1000 less than CarMax. They wouldn't even match the figure when I told them about it. So I'm selling my car to CarMax instead of trading it in.

[This message has been edited by sacremon (edited January 21, 2001).]

·
Registered
341 Posts
Sacremon,

I figure 2.5% is as good as place to start as any. The beauty of the internet is that you can shop by region. And in reading this board 32K seems to be the going rate. I may try TN, or SC, but I'll focus on FL and GA until I get the offer I'm looking for. Someone's bound to be looking to clear them off the lot, and 2001s will be old news in 6 months. We have time, and that's always a plus.

I'm glad you mentioned Carmax. We plan on selling my wifes car ourselves, but if all else fails and nobody buys, we'll try them. The last thing I want to do is lose a $1000 to a dealer. It sounds like Carmax gave you a fair deal.

·
Registered
106 Posts
You guys need to try Reinhart Lexus in Montgomery, Al. They will sell you one for around $1,400 over invoice. Their number is 888-829-1162. May be worth the drive.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Our track club is going to be in Sav., GA this coming weekend. We rented Roebling Road to have our track event. We have 3 IS300's coming. Would love to see some of you there. I'll be in the Solar Yellow. The event is both SAT. and SUN.

Solar Yellow (bone stock)
98 Acura Type-R (not so stock)

·
Registered
259 Posts
You guys have only seen that many IS's in Atlanta? Good grief, I have to have seen maybe 25-35 by now! Perhaps because I live downtown? Who knows. But I at least see once a week.

The only guy I ever met though owned a Solar Yellow. He was at Sports Authority on a Friday/Saturday night, before we got run off by cops.

Anyone go to Sports Authority, Barrett Pkwy, Big Chicken?

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
About this Discussion
65 Replies
13 Participants
Kompressor
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing