Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
- what is the 1/4 mile time(s) with an SRT kit??? (don't want to read a 92340923094823094823094 page thread)

·
Premium Member
2,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lilaznboi said:
paluch2002 said:
19 psi and your making 500hp. :eek:

that impresses me espcially on pump gas!

gj guys
it doesn't matter what gas he runs on...19psi is 19psi...race gas just prevents detonation at high boost levels...it doesn't add power.
Incorrect, you can effectively run race gas, increase the timing and acheive more HP at the same boost levels.

·
Registered
18,849 Posts
congrats on the numbers thus far...

you deserve it Charles!!!

I surely hope you hit that magic # !!!!!!!!

look forward to some more info soon....and video of the dyno's perhaps?

:p

·
Registered
18,849 Posts
Swift Racing Technologies said:
paluch2002 said:

gj guys
Yes I was pleased with the results myself, especially since it is an Auto Tranny. If it had the V160, I do not see why it would not put out 530-550RWHP.
but its a built auto tranny, correct?

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
lilaznboi said:
paluch2002 said:

gj guys
it doesn't matter what gas he runs on...19psi is 19psi...race gas just prevents detonation at high boost levels...it doesn't add power.
Incorrect, you can effectively run race gas, increase the timing and acheive more HP at the same boost levels.
u don't understand my point...i'm saying w/ the same amount of boost...same tuning (increasing timing, isn't the same car anymore now is it)...you'll have the same results with pump gas or race gas...

merely swapping fuel doesn't increase power...thats my point here. from what you're saying it's just like saying race gas increase power because you can boost a shitload more w/out detonating..of course you'll get more power.

·
Premium Member
2,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
lilaznboi said:
lilaznboi said:
paluch2002 said:

gj guys
u don't understand my point...i'm saying w/ the same amount of boost...same tuning (increasing timing, isn't the same car anymore now is it)...you'll have the same results with pump gas or race gas...

merely swapping fuel doesn't increase power...thats my point here. from what you're saying it's just like saying race gas increase power because you can boost a shitload more w/out detonating..of course you'll get more power.
Actually, keeping everything the same, you will usually gain about 10RWHP with race gas, that is due to the burn properties and energy released by race gas (I am talking about C16, not all race gasses are created equal :wink: ).

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
what stage turbo is this? Great numbers! Little lag though, from that huge turbo :D

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.