Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,315 Posts
Does anyone know if the ISF wheels fit a 250 or 350 without rubbing???:)
The rears should fit without a problem. The fronts might rub, I know that the front fenders were widened to fit the wider wheels.

Having said that, I have the same width and diameter rims and they do not rub.

·
Registered
12,498 Posts
Does anyone know if the ISF wheels fit a 250 or 350 without rubbing???:)
Are you willing to pay ~$800 per wheel at the stealership?

I know (at least) a couple members here are looking for a set for their ISX50.

·
Premium Member
668 Posts
Word is they are $1800 per.

According to Joe Z at Club Lexus, the Front IS-F wheels do not clear the IS350's calipers. See discussion here.

JoeZ said:
So finally today we had to chance to test fit the IS-F Wheels on a IS350 and the IS350 wheels on the IS-F (for Big Brake Kit fitment)..

A Huge & Big Thanks goes to member "CrazyMPG" for allowing us to use his IS-F and of course photo skills...

For the record the IS-F oem jack is cheaper than the IS350 oem jack..

Ok so here it goes...

Starting with the IS350...

In the Front the 19x8 IS-F wheel DOES NOT clear the oem IS350 monoblock caliper... The wheel inner face touches the caliper face... SO unless I / you get a spacer or grind the caliper, there is no way to test this wheel for full fitment...
Well I actually can, but I'll have to buy the OEM IS-F front Big Brake Kit (the Brembos) from the Group Buy Carson's having..

In the Rear the 19x9 IS-F wheel clears everything just fine from a visual stand point.. and bolted up with zero issues..
I could not drive my car, so that's all I can comment on that.

·
Registered
575 Posts
i asked at my dealership, (MONTREAL, QUEBEC) and i was told $3000 per, I find it hard to believe, but when u see them live it almost seems worth it... haha

·
Registered
3 Posts
They Said No!

i just bought an '09 350 and i went into the dealership for the 1k service and asked about purchasing the ISF wheels, and they said NO! Lexus apparently isn't selling the ISF wheels to anyone. they said it is exclusively for that car. my buddy that works at another dealership confirmed that is what he was told, he said i will have to go online and find them being sold there.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Can you order online? Sewell Lexus sells IS-F and many other wheels on their website.

Sewell Lexus Parts

·
Registered
5,732 Posts
^^^werd.

might as well get some volks, bbs, works, etc.

VS-XX or CE28n or LMs :D

·
Registered
289 Posts
The IS-F wheels are made by BBS and Lexus is not willing to sell them. You can probably find replicas online; I doubt the ones sold at Sewell are authentic, unless they're very, very tight with Lexus (which they probably are). You're still looking at more or less $8,000 for a set and honestly, there's much better looking out there for a better price.

By the way, what is the ISX50? I keep hearing about it over and over again but can't seem to find any info.

·
Registered
5,732 Posts
^^^seriously? $8k for rims? you might as trade your car in for an ISF. :lol:

and those replica's you're talking about might not be as strong as the authentic ones.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Still doesn't beat the Toyota Supra rims which were, I believe, more or less $3.5k a piece. Back in the early '90s, no less.

And the replicas, they might be as strong as the IS350 OEM rims, which is plenty imho.

·
Registered
203 Posts
The IS-F wheels are made by BBS and Lexus is not willing to sell them. You can probably find replicas online; I doubt the ones sold at Sewell are authentic, unless they're very, very tight with Lexus (which they probably are). You're still looking at more or less $8,000 for a set and honestly, there's much better looking out there for a better price.

By the way, what is the ISX50? I keep hearing about it over and over again but can't seem to find any info.
I'm sure the one's at Sewell are genuine. They sell too much Lexus stuff to be selling replicas. Also, these wheels have Lexus center caps with the Logo. It's a copyright offense to use that logo without Lexus's consent. Not to mention how hard Lexus would come down on them.

Why is everyone saying $8K for the set:confused: Sewell's price is $6.6K, still pretty expensive, but not $8K.

The designation ISX50 is a quick way to describe both the IS250 and IS350 without having to type them both out. The X is the only digit not common to both.

Lou

·
Registered
289 Posts
Lowrideraz... Lexus does not freely distribute these. You cannot acquire a brand new set through the market unless you are an IS-F owner looking for a replacement rim. My best guess is that the ones on Sewell are refurbished sets. With the sales tax in my region they would come back at $7.4k, which is not far off from the $8k mark straigth from the dealership were we able to buy them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sorry guys, but...

I bought my IS350 from Sewell in Dallas, and they DO in fact sell the IS-F wheels. In fact, they sell ALL IS-F accessories. The sales rep showed me an IS350 that was getting re-fitted.

·
Registered
5,732 Posts
Lowrideraz... Lexus does not freely distribute these. You cannot acquire a brand new set through the market unless you are an IS-F owner looking for a replacement rim. My best guess is that the ones on Sewell are refurbished sets. With the sales tax in my region they would come back at $7.4k, which is not far off from the $8k mark straigth from the dealership were we able to buy them.
i don't see why you'd think lexus would sell replica rims. :suspiciou

·
Registered
289 Posts
Didn't know Sewell was an actual Lexus car dealership. In any case the dealerships around here won't sell the rims. Not that they're worth buying, anyways. I mean, really.

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
Didn't know Sewell was an actual Lexus car dealership. In any case the dealerships around here won't sell the rims. Not that they're worth buying, anyways. I mean, really.
yup and a very successful one as well...I had lexus college training for my ongoing certification as a lexus employee, and they used a phone survey in one of my classes that was recorded from their dealership who said very good things about them...

Sewell Lexus is a Dallas Lexus dealer and a new car and used car Dallas TX Lexus dealership.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts