Lexus IS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did you ever notice that the IS has a striking resemblance to the corolla. I'm amazed how people actually throw away their money in order to get a car that has the L on it. It is quite clear that Lexus did a half ass job in order to make the IS300 somewhat affordable. In doing so it gave it a piss poor body, engine, and design altogether. I'm convinced that the Acura 3.2 CL type S is a much better deal. More power, more luxury, more everything just cheaper. So if you really like that L---buy a corolla and steal one of an old es300 and stick it on there, no one will know the difference.

------------------

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
If you're so convinced, what are you doing on this board?
Oh yeah, thanks for enlightening us all with your wisdom.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Lexus IS300 looks like a Corolla? You must have “things” in your eyes! Ok, lets say before you even heard about the IS300, if the car is out there with no marking on it, will you still say it is a Corolla? Give me a break. A “real break”! What have you been smoking?
If I want speed, I will ride a motorcycle. My Suzuki SV650 cost about 1/6 of the IS300 and it will go from 0~60 (mph) in less than 4 seconds. Come on, it is more than speed that you want in a car.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Heh, imma Acura TL owner..... yall must get really tired of these remarks huh?? When i glance at the new body corolla, i admit, it does look like one. I have to take a second look to make sure. IS300 is ok.... just overpriced. I was real close to buying one, i thought it was 29K. And I thought that was reasonble. But it ended up with a sticker of 30500, sunroof $1000? Extra for some kind of seats and even that extra money isnt full leather? And extra money for heated mirrors and seats? And no auto dimming rear view mirror? That's when i said forget that. I wasn't going to let Toyota make a fool out of me. I paid 32000 driveout for a nice Acura. Nice full leather, heated mirrors and seats, auto dimming mirror, ARMRESTS, and NAVIGATION too. Both are ok cars.... it ain't no BENZ or nothing. I like the IS because it has kool yellow fogs, self adjusting HID lamps, and nice taillights (too bad soo many freaking civics, accords, neons have it) The IS300 should have stayed a Toyota when it came here. Its ALL SPORTY, not luxury at all. I guess they gonna label it a Lexus of course to make more money. But then again, integra is all sporty and no luxury. Maybe the IS should have just been the same level as a integra instead of comparing it to a TL. Am i making sense here??

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
I've seen this argument before and it usually invites flames.... sorry...
Eric...

neither is anything accomplished with this post..

[This message has been edited by EricK (edited November 18, 2000).]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
7 Replies
8 Participants
EricK
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing