Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as some may know i have good friends at TTE, well this year i asked if it would be possible for them to display the IS430 on the Lexus owners club stand at this years JAE(japanese auto extravaganza) in the UK,

THEY SAID NO PROBLEM

if you are in the UK at the end of this month you will have to come along, there are about 70 + clubs attending with over 100 lexi, on our club stand alone

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?act=ST&f=25&t=6642, if your intrested in info on JAE

OBVIOUSLY i will be posting pics for everyone, even though i got to drive this car only a couple of months ago, having it displayed is even better

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it is the black one, that Reg did work on.

however some subtle styling changes are going to be made for this show.

TTE are bringing the car for the saturday morning and leaving sunday to drive it back to germany...on a trailer

And as far as a review is for it, there really isnt much to say...its a black is200 with a V8 engine, yes its quick, its sound is amazing as it uses twin stainless pipes from the front to the rear. its interior is as factory.

when i drove it in Koln it was still set up with the coilovers a tad low, so we were dragging the exhaust on the tarmac on every slight bump.

its acceleration is so smooth and the Alcon brakes are phenominal!!!

later this year the car will be getting a complete makeover in preperation for fitment of the supercharger, so a new, quieter exhaust will be fitted, and there will be some subtle interior changes aswell.

·
Mr. Negative
12,388 Posts
I'd love to see it in person, but I'll have to settle for your pictures. would you care to say what the single center exhaust ISXXX lexus test car was in the mag pictures a while back was? as i understand it, that car was s/c but I don't know the engine.

·
Registered
33 Posts
the silver IS200 is owned by a club friend zee.. supercharged and is a fantastic car!

Also came best in show at the Lexus Owners Club Stand too!

·
Registered
712 Posts
llt: Stock? I don't think so.
Yeah, with all those mods he should be able to barely beat a stock IS300. My friend here has the same setup, TTE superchager, torque converter, headers, exhaust, bigger pulley, etc. Dynoed 185rwhp. He beats stock IS300's by very little. He later raced one that had headers and AFC and got beat by two car lenghts.

So yeah, that modified IS200 is basically a stock IS300 in performance, specially when a guy thought it was a 1600hp 4wd beast... Though the car has very nice and clean body accessories.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yep was a good weekend......

had my car there, its not quite finnished however it was running today, just waiting for some critical parts like the single turbo.........

TTE arrived on the friday at midnight, we placed the is430 on the club stand, and my buddy turned to me and said, ok mat you wanted it here, heres the keys, your responsable for it.

all weekend was taking people on runs in it........theres a few pics of me running around in it at the links above.

ive been invited back down to TTE in 2 months to try it when the compressor is fitted

pic below is of my car and the 430 parked together

1 - 20 of 28 Posts