Lexus IS Forum banner

IS430 at LA auto show

3K views 51 replies 25 participants last post by  VRP-IS300t 
tsopranoMB said:
lets hope this car NEVER makes it to production..

if Lexus corporate was smart, they would realize that many many IS enthusiasts would be happy with a 2JZ-GTE and six speed model....they would sell like hot cakes if its priced at about $40k

we dont want a v8... :x
speak for yourself. im sure alot of people would snatch it up. it seems like a nice set up from what ive read. and think about it most people who buy a Lexus arent into racing and doing crazy turbo hookups. the enthusiasts are in the minority.

you know ive read countless threads on this board complaing about the IS. the biggest complaint (aside from ghey complaints about cupholders and armrests) is the stock power. not what you can get with a 10k turbo.. and usually the guys who are complaing always say “well lexus needs to step it up if they wanna compete with bmw and infinity”. sounds like that’s what they're trying to do here with the IS430. sounds like a good idea to me. compare the stock vs stock numbers and tell me if the v8 300hp (crank#) IS430 wouldn’t beat out the 330 or G35

and guys lets face facts. a lexus is a luxury car whos competition is guys like bmw, infinity maybe benz but not porche. try to put on our business hats here for a sec and the average lexus driver isn’t into racing or crazy hookups so why would they try to please the minority.

and think about this. don’t you think the GS would get all the goodies of turbo before an IS. i mean since the IS is considered the lowest model.

tsopranoMB said:
BigDaddyRich said:
Hmmmm ever wonder why a good bit of F/I owners here suddenly sell there kits. (that really bothers me, when I think about it- I count like 5or 6 in the past month) Sure everyone "claims" Im moving to bigger better things or trading in the car.. How many of them have secretly royally fukked there cars over? ever wonder how many of them have blown motors and not said anything? A lot of the truth about turbo IS300's has not been revealed.
I dont honestly believe that or see any relevance to your hypothesis.....

who suddenly has been selling off their kits?! which 5 or 6?

the ones who have fukked their cars over were the dumbasses who overboosted on a stock motor, thats their dumbasses fault....

other then that, I honestly must say,about guys selling their kits, I havent seen where your claim is accurate or not....

howabout some proof? :-?
dont play dum. go check the FS forum.

tsopranoMB said:
baadhabit said:
tsopranoMB said:
BigDaddyRich said:
Hmmmm ever wonder why a good bit of F/I owners here suddenly sell there kits. (that really bothers me, when I think about it- I count like 5or 6 in the past month) Sure everyone "claims" Im moving to bigger better things or trading in the car.. How many of them have secretly royally fukked there cars over? ever wonder how many of them have blown motors and not said anything? A lot of the truth about turbo IS300's has not been revealed.
I dont honestly believe that or see any relevance to your hypothesis.....

who suddenly has been selling off their kits?! which 5 or 6?

the ones who have fukked their cars over were the dumbasses who overboosted on a stock motor, thats their dumbasses fault....

other then that, I honestly must say,about guys selling their kits, I havent seen where your claim is accurate or not....

howabout some proof? :-?
dont play dum. go check the FS forum.
Ray, I called Rich out on this....and I am NOT playing dumb....

He is NOT accurate with his assumption at all....5 or 6 people are NOT selling off their kits (who secretly fuked their cars over) :roll:

i think what rich is getting at is while turbo is nice its alot of trouble. you may lose the lexus reliablity factor. even the mkivs have trouble passing emissions and get horrible gas milage and and and.. most people just want a car to go from A to B.

i dont wanna get side tracked here but i remember seeing a few kits in the FS forum. i dont remember the specifics but there were at least 2 srt kits, 1 revhard kit, 1 custom one and a few SCs

youre the biggest gossiper of .net you should know who messed up their cars. :lol:

IS JOE said:
Regardless off who's selling their kit for what reason, I think everyone will agree that going F/I on the IS300 is expensive and potentially risky. This brings us back to BDR's original point, which I also agree with. Having an IS with the lexus V8 will give us a good amount of speed and factory reliability. Its used all over the lexus line up so it would be cheap to produce for the IS - similar to the single engine model that nissan/infiniti is using. It has plenty of power for the vast majority of Lexus buyers out there. And those of you who want to go turbo can still buy the IS300 model. But if I had a choice, I too would have picked up a 430.

And plain and simple, the 2jz-GTE will never make it back on to american shores. One word - emissions. I can't imagine a u-lev gte that still has any balls. And why would lexus bother when they already have the V8 in production here.

I think this situation parallels the GS model. When it first was introduced to america with only the 3 liter engine, it got slammed because of its poor performance. Then the next generation came out with the V8 option and look what happened. And even though not everybody bought the V8, the important thing is that it attracted buyers for the GS300 who would have never even considered the car had the GS400 never existed.

my 2 cents - not that an is430 would matter to me since I'm gonna be keeping my car for a while :crazy: :cry:
exactly what ive been saying.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.