Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw the IS430 at the L.A. auto show today, NICE! One of the reps did a presentation on the car and kept saying "If Lexus gets a lot of feedback, you just might see this in the 2005 line-up, go to the web site".
I didn't really put a lot of faith in her speech, but I did what I was told and visited the Lexus web site. I could not find any feedback links. Anyone know where to find one?
Also, tried to get 2005 info from other reps, but they just gave the standard "I don't know anything".

Thanks

·
Premium Member
14,412 Posts
that lady sucks dick!

nobody wants a is430 like that

RMM sucks, toyota reps at sema sucked dick also!

that is all

David

·
Registered
457 Posts
is300soon said:
that lady sucks dick!

nobody wants a is430 like that

RMM sucks, toyota reps at sema sucked dick also!

that is all

David
:lol: :lol: :lol: ..whats up your ass?

·
Registered
18,519 Posts
lets hope this car NEVER makes it to production..

if Lexus corporate was smart, they would realize that many many IS enthusiasts would be happy with a 2JZ-GTE and six speed model....they would sell like hot cakes if its priced at about $40k

we dont want a v8... :x

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
tsopranoMB said:

if Lexus corporate was smart, they would realize that many many IS enthusiasts would be happy with a 2JZ-GTE and six speed model....they would sell like hot cakes if its priced at about $40k

speak for yourself. im sure alot of people would snatch it up. it seems like a nice set up from what ive read. and think about it most people who buy a Lexus arent into racing and doing crazy turbo hookups. the enthusiasts are in the minority.

·
Registered
18,519 Posts
baadhabit said:
tsopranoMB said:

speak for yourself. im sure alot of people would snatch it up. it seems like a nice set up from what ive read. and think about it most people who buy a Lexus arent into racing and doing crazy turbo hookups. the enthusiasts are in the minority.
possibly....but that v8 is HUGE, definatly makes the car a tad bit heavier too....

lexus is so strange...now they announce a 2004 sportdesign special edition, they keep putting things off....who knows when we actually see a re-designed IS, probably not till 2006 :lol:

yeah, i'll keep my options open with all the 2JZ potential...but to actually see the IS430 come to frutiation, we might be talking 2-3 years away from that still......

holy crap these posts are getting riddiculus already, these things keep popping up every other day... :roll:

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Ya i agree, that lady was a dumbass bitch. She didnt know shit. I asked how many HP the car has and she said "around 300." what a fuckin moron, if you are going to stand up there all day, maybe you should know something about the car you are speaking about. I told her the sign says 340hp and she didnt say shit. :pissed:

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
tsopranoMB said:
baadhabit said:
tsopranoMB said:

possibly....but that v8 is HUGE, definatly makes the car a tad bit heavier too....

lexus is so strange...now they announce a 2004 sportdesign special edition, they keep putting things off....who knows when we actually see a re-designed IS, probably not till 2006 :lol:
Please stop now before you aggrevate me.

the V8 is not heavier than the forged in MountDoom cast iron 2JZ-GE motor. (its actually lighter due to aluminum construction)

Ray, Im with you 100% and a LOT of us would LOVE to have had the option to buy a 300hp V8 IS430 and save our selves the HASSLE (yes hassle) of turbo or super charging this GE block.

·
Registered
18,519 Posts
BigDaddyRich said:
tsopranoMB said:
baadhabit said:
tsopranoMB said:

Please stop now before you aggrevate me.

the V8 in not heavier than the forged in MountDoom cast iron 2JZ-GE motor. (its actually lighter)

Ray, Im with you 100% and a LOT of us would LOVE to have had the option to buy a 300hp V8 IS430 and save our selves the HASSLE (yes hassle) of turbo or super charging this GE block.
ohh when I aggrevate you, I awaken a sleeping giant in you Rich... :lol:

sure, but its a V8, blah.... :roll:

but cmon, even you would be satisfied with just 300hp, and thats definatly not at the wheels....

ahh, we'll find out in 2-3 years.... :lol:

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
is300soon said:
that lady sucks dick!
Forget the IS430...can anyone hook me up with this lady he speaks of? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Speaking of know-nothing carshow ladies: I was at the San Jose Auto Show last night and I asked the "girl" at the Chevy area if they had a Malibu Maxx(wagon) at the show and she pointed to a sedan and said, "It is right there." and I replied, "The Maxx is a wagon...that is a sedan." And she walked around the car and looked at the badges and said, "Oh yeah, they left the Maxx in L.A." :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: On the plus, side she gave me a litttle beak in the back of a Suburban. :lol: J/K, BTW!

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Actually, V8 is the farthest thing from "Blah" have you ever driven in one of the new Audi S4's with the V8 motor? or even an E46 M3? blah is surely not the word I choose to describe it.

to tell you the truth if the IS300 came with a 300V8 when I bought it.... I would just leave it as is.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Hate to say it, but I agree with tsoprano on this. Why can't they just offer a turbo edition of the IS? It makes more sense from a R&D angle, cost angle. Why stuff a V8 in that car. It makes almost zero sense...

Especially considering if they are doing this for a performance uprgrade

a Stage 1 with no FMIC would still make more RWHP than the V8.....

Not that I give a fock anyway

·
Registered
18,519 Posts
BigDaddyRich said:
Actually, V8 is the farthest thing from "Blah" have you ever driven in one of the new Audi S4's with the V8 motor? or even an E46 M3? blah is surely not the word I choose to describe it.

to tell you the truth if the IS300 came with a 300V8 when I bought it.... I would just leave it as is.
isnt the E46 M3 an inline 6 ??

sure sure, i know it sounds all better....

but cmon, even you wouldnt be satisfied with a stock v8 motor in an IS....

the folks on the board who have f/i'd IS's are definatly the minority of the entire sales market of the IS from 2000 thru 2004, obviously they dont care enough about those who would make the modifications to the 2JZ....

but then again, its been a whole lotta fun (with many headaches) to see so many high HP IS300's....mostly to say "I told Ya so" and "It can be done"

thats just how I feel on it...

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.