Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if I have an issue with my rear speakers or not. The rear speakers produce very little sound and sound very poor. Even when the fade is pushed all the way to the rear there is very little output... aprox 20% of the front series of speakers.

The dealership said the system sounds fine but the rear speakers sounds very poor in my oppinion.

Is this normal or is there truely an issue?

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is normal. I am researching all of the 8 speaker sizes at this time. I will keep the front as is because it sounds good. However, the rear needs more power, maybe and second speaker on each side as well, and have good mid-bass drivers installed in rear with power amp. No sub. No room anyway. Good mid-bass drivers would sound nice with some added sound in the rear, added to the exhisting front. Must keep the head unit though due to Nav interfacing.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're right, I did further testing and the levels coming from the amp were very minimal... it's just the way the car was tuned which is a shame. If the car was always driven with the roof open, this design would make sense. But, I drive the car in the winter and sometimes it's just too hot in the summer.

I ended up just replacing everything. I probably could have left the fronts alone as they're not too bad.

I did find a JL "microsub" enclosure that fit in the trunk even with the tonteau cover set. That way I can leave it in the car all the time, but it's easy enough to disconnect if I need the roon. It made a huge difference and was under $250.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts