Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to buy one. I am just wondering if the "sports Pkg" I've heard about is standard or an option?? What is the difference between the sports option and with out it??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also is the 350 worth buying? I know there is the 250...So far though, i'm really diggin the 350 :)

Any help, direction would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
11,398 Posts
I would suggest looking through the 2nd Gen IS section. The information you want is in there.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I would suggest looking through the 2nd Gen IS section. The information you want is in there.
what steven said is true but Shelby is a local and might have wanted to have a local explain because that could be more trusting that an open forum and or meet in person to get another point of view vs. what the dealer tell you.
we all know a dealer give thier points about a car but a car owner goes more into it.

i.e.

when i was buying my car the dealer was doing their thing but what was sad is i knew more about the car than the sales guy. i was spitting out info that he had no idea. plus the other selling point was the traction control to drift for fun when i wanted.....sales guys are not going to let you take the car out to play with the shifter and drift just to help sell a car. unless your buying a STI from the scoobie dealer in dallas then they take you for one hell of a ride.

now to gt to what shelby is asking....if money isnt a problem i would say get the 350. little extra pep in the gas never hurt anyone. honestly i test drove a 250 and was not please with the car at all. in fact i would buy another is300 over a 25o just because ours have more horspower than a 250. i couldnt get the wheels to break loose at all and i can get mine to do it on a dime. but if you do get a 250, please debadge it so it leaves people wondering which it is off the first glance. IMO i hate seeing a 250 drive by when thre is an option to buy a 350. im almost look at it as a waste of a car if you buy the 250 over a 350.

just my 2 cents

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
250 has 6MT though or AWD if thats important to you. I think the 250 is the ladies choice in IMO! hahaha =D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts